Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Pilotka.....any ideas? Help needed!

Article about: I just got offered this pilotka but since I lack sufficient experience I prefer to get some more opinions. To me it looks like a Kharkov made unworn pilotka which never had a star attached.

Photo # 3, top left corner (seen upside down).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pilotka.....any ideas? Help needed!
    P
    Many

?

Nice pilotka.

Hello Marcel,

Boyce has found a similar example. I would be tempted too, but in all honesty I would not buy it with only such pictures. Maybe I'm wrong (my memories are faded), but I've seen fakes with these same markings. I have a 1950s pilotka made of very similar fabrics...with a fake stamp.

Maybe it's only my impression, but the factory stamp looks strange, the borders seems "wavy". Maybe it's just an optical illusion due to the pictures.

I'm a bit exacting but the pilotka for the troop is VERY rare in such condition

Best regards
    Gabriele

Thanks Gabriele. I decided to skip only because I collect used items and even though I can enjoy mint unissued items these are not for my collection.
    The seller is as said reliable with a good reputation. His focus is on Third Reich items but occasionaly he has some Soviet items as well, usually medals and the majority I bought haha. So I trust him and his sources.

Here's one more pic which I just received:

I noticed another Holland based dealer bought the cap from the other dealer. Saleprice was € 185. This new dealer/owner now added a capstar and put it up for sale for € 450. Retarded!!!!!!!!!!!!

?

bruh

That's crazy.

Yes crazy indeed! I used to buy from that dealer but he lost my respect now.

Here the pilotka as she was (askingprice was € 185, dealer/buyer got also discount so price was even less):
    EA-Militaria | Russian ‘Pilotka’

Here the way the pilotka is now. With added star and all of a sudden it went from unissued to nicely worn. Askingprice now € 450:
    IMCS Militaria | Shop

I think that’s about the price wartime Pilotkas are selling for. He found a bargain

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast