Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pre war leather tankist protective helmet

Article about: That kind of headgear was issued until the end of 1940 year. I will show two early helmets in different sizes, one is a early production, circa 34-36 year, due of plastic "Parisian"

?

Default Pre war leather tankist protective helmet

That kind of headgear was issued until the end of 1940 year.
    I will show two early helmets in different sizes, one is a early production, circa 34-36 year, due of plastic "Parisian" French made buttons. They was ordered in 1933-35 years in France, due of the Soviet union has a limited quantities of the factories which was produced " lift-dot" like buttons, and that was not anougth for army purposes.
    So take a look and enjoy these rare and nice examples, which is a more rare than a German tankist berette...
    Note: The leather model is different from a M 40 Canvas helmet, which was made in leather variation in the 1945 year for a Victory parade only
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre war leather tankist protective helmet   Pre war leather tankist protective helmet  

Pre war leather tankist protective helmet   Pre war leather tankist protective helmet  

Pre war leather tankist protective helmet   Pre war leather tankist protective helmet  

Pre war leather tankist protective helmet  
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pre war leather tankist protective helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Pre war leather tankist protective helmet

All I can say is Wow... I have only seen the fakes. I will add that the M40 was made in leather before 1941 as well, not just for end of war parades.

Dimas,

How about a close up of the inside of the example with the gray liner material... a close up that shows the back side of the metal air vents and how they secure.

?

So the dot's are missed due of rust trough, and previous owner destroy them with trying to open the ear flaps and probably that was a child toy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre war leather tankist protective helmet   Pre war leather tankist protective helmet  

Regards,
    Dimas

?

Went rivets and back flap rivet are not sewn trough the liner

Regards,
    Dimas

oops... never mind..

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre war leather tankist protective helmet  

?

I found the practically invisible producer markings which looks something like 2nd ???
    And date 1935 under the square stamp, made with white or grey paint

Regards,
    Dimas

?

The last picture is where the red star cockade was attached

Regards,
    Dimas

Dimas,

Thanks... You have afforded me a grand start to my weekend. For those who missed it first time around, here is a link to the thread dealing with the fake helmets of this same model.

Tanker Helmet Alert!

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    The leather model is different from a M 40 Canvas helmet, which was made in leather variation in the 1945 year for a Victory parade only
    Perhaps you meant M 38 helmet, leather variation of which in 1945 was obsolete?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre war leather tankist protective helmet  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast