Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ques Collection -- Russian Ssh 39 ?

Article about: Hello everybody, been awhile since I posted something so I'm starting today with this. I believe I have an Russian SsH 39 helmet dated '41. I think the liner is from the Ssh 36 helmet but wa

Que
    ?

Default Ques Collection -- Russian Ssh 39 ?

Hello everybody, been awhile since I posted something so I'm starting today with this.
    I believe I have an Russian SsH 39 helmet dated '41. I think the liner is from the Ssh 36 helmet but was common with the early Ssh 39s...correct?
    I believe the manufacture is LMZ (Can't remember the location, I want to say Leningrad?) There is also a star (last pic) stamped lightly on the under side of the visor.
    I believe the paint and everything else to be original to a '41 SsH 39.

Everything state above I got from viewing numerous posts in this forum. Please confirm or correct the information above and feel free to add any additional info you think may be relevant to this helmet. I am trying to catalog my collection. Any ideas on an approximate value?

Enjoy the pics and I look forward to your comments.
    Q

Ques Collection -- Russian Ssh 39 ?Ques Collection -- Russian Ssh 39 ?Ques Collection -- Russian Ssh 39 ?Ques Collection -- Russian Ssh 39 ?Ques Collection -- Russian Ssh 39 ?Ques Collection -- Russian Ssh 39 ?Ques Collection -- Russian Ssh 39 ?Ques Collection -- Russian Ssh 39 ?Ques Collection -- Russian Ssh 39 ?Ques Collection -- Russian Ssh 39 ?Ques Collection -- Russian Ssh 39 ?Ques Collection -- Russian Ssh 39 ?Ques Collection -- Russian Ssh 39 ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ques Collection -- Russian Ssh 39 ?
    P
    Many

Yes, this is an original Ssh39. Not an early one, but the final standardized type, and everything about it is factory original. This liner is visually similar to that in the Ssh36 once installed, but they are not the same. Current wisdom is that LMZ is Lysva, not Leningrad.

Que
    ?

Thanks for the info Wesley's Dad. I will add the your tip on LMZ to my notes.
    Q

MAP
    ?

Nice to see you researching your collection Que.. much more fun and rewarding than just being given an answer. That's half the fun of this hobby.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Que
    ?

Thanks MAP, it has been fun with the exception of a few pot holes in the road to knowledge lately.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Que View Post
    Thanks MAP, it has been fun with the exception of a few pot holes in the road to knowledge lately.
    But the pot hole are the fun part. That's the challenge! And when you get stumped or reach the end of your knowledge you reach out for help, like above

I have many items I still haven't completely deciphered....but I keep searching and reading just in case....

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hi Que,

congratulations on your Ssh39! You can find alot of information on .: World War Helmets - Référence de casques de 1915 à nos jours :., it is in French but with the many online translators this shouldnt be a problem. Also the post-war helmets info is very nice to arm yourself against fraudulent pieces ofcourse, good luck with researching your collection.

Kind regards,
    Oli