Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Relic Ssh-36 Winter Camo

Article about: Hi all- I have recently stumbled upon this Ssh-36 relic helmet that has winter camo on it. The seller claims that it was found in Murmansk, and based on the fighting timeline in the place wh

Default Relic Ssh-36 Winter Camo

Hi all- I have recently stumbled upon this Ssh-36 relic helmet that has winter camo on it. The seller claims that it was found in Murmansk, and based on the fighting timeline in the place where they found it, makes this helmet from 1942. This helmet also apparently came from a private collection. I am convinced that the helmet and camo are real, but I don't want to take any chances. It has been a goal of mine to get an Ssh-36, especially one with winter camo. Again, I believe that the camouflage and they helmet relic itself is ok, but I'd still like another person's opinion.

Relic Ssh-36 Winter CamoRelic Ssh-36 Winter CamoRelic Ssh-36 Winter CamoRelic Ssh-36 Winter CamoRelic Ssh-36 Winter Camo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic Ssh-36 Winter Camo
    P
    Many

Hello, I don't mind a little rust on helmets and sometimes it's even kind of cool, but the big holes on top and the large cracks in the back are deal-breakers for me. Helmet is original, winter camo who knows, but I would only pay normal relic (very low) prices for this one, wouldn't add any extra for the white paint. Kevin

Agree. The white is not convincing. The wear marks/patterns look deliberate & similar
    D.

Quote by real steel View Post
    Agree. The white is not convincing. The wear marks/patterns look deliberate & similar
    D.
    I also agree. Feels like an original relic helmet is pimped up with some wintercamo to make it look more attractive.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the help. I still wouldn’t mind a relic ssh-36. Thanks!

Haha! The seller told me that he wants to get $600 for this! I guess the person who he bought it from scammed him. Even the real camo ssh36’s in relic condition go for way lower. I believe I saw one for sale on stalingradfront.com for 250.

One last question- do you guys believe that this was in fact found in Murmansk? I personally believe it, but if he camo is fake, then what about the story? The story goes that the person he previously had got the helmet from was on a trip to Murmansk and was metal detecting when he found it.

Notice where the steel is ruptured, its look like the white paint has been painted around the edge of the rupture, and there is no white paint under the overlapping steel (your last photo). Which suggests painted after damage. If the white paint is suspect, the story of where it was found is possibly equally suspect.

Always buy the item, not the story

This helmet could be found anywhere imo.

Thanks for all the comments. Thanks for that excellent advice Marcel, I will definitely remember that!