Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

ремонтирует-repaired helmet

Article about: I think many factors contribute ,but in general good material seems to be drying up (certainly in Piter) and competion for it is fiercer . I recently bought a generals Furazhka -minus cockad

Default ремонтирует-repaired helmet

My fellow collectors ,

Do you also think that the russian letter "R" in some of the LMZ
    postwar stamps could mean that this helmet has been "ремонтирует" repaired by the LMZ plant.

I met a collector who is sure that this P (R) suffix means that this helmet has been "remonted".

If this is already common knowledge in the Kaska collecting world
    please excuse my ignorance.

Regards

Bernhard
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ремонтирует-repaired helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ремонтирует-repaired helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: ремонтирует-repaired helmet

Hi! This assumption, as correctly, no one knows.

Dom
    ?

Why not !

I think helmets Lysva 48,49,50 years are the direct heirs of wartime.
    But no document to support this theory

?

ремонтированный
    to be right.
    But as many as I have seen they had all the prefix P with that kind of stampings
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Dom
    ?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    ремонтированный
    to be right.
    But as many as I have seen they had all the prefix P with that kind of stampings
    I agree with Dimas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ремонтирует-repaired helmet   ремонтирует-repaired helmet  

ремонтирует-repaired helmet  

No idea, but I will add another photo for good measure. A size 2 and dated 1948.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ремонтирует-repaired helmet  

?

1949 year dated helmet is a rare helmet, due of small quantity of them produced in this year due of some renewal works on the factory
    But a really interesting question, I will try to search about that.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dom View Post
    Why not !

I think helmets Lysva 48,49,50 years are the direct heirs of wartime.
    But no document to support this theory

This is my belief as well. The material make up would suggest this.

What I find more interesting is how we now have at least two active threads discussion postwar helmets... helmets that 6-7years ago you could barely give away. Brings me back to post I made many months ago about sudden lack of supply of quality wartime Soviet militaria.

I don't mean to knock these fine examples of Soviet helmets. I just find it interesting that they are now getting collector interest and the price is moving upward on these as well.

From what ive seen over the last few years in Russia . The situation is this . After the 90s economic slump and distancing from the Communist era , The Wartime militaria could be located cheap and it was possible to trade modern US badges ,M65 jackets for rare Soviet pieces. In the last few years , Russians have re appraised their Past in more favourable patriotic terms encouraging collecting their own history . Also The Market for Third Reich , although strong , is seen as much less rare than their own militaria ,from ww2 and before . So the Russians are hunting it down ,not to sell abroad , but to their own people .
    Going back to Perestrioka time . one enterprising American took a video recorder to the Artillery Museum in Petersburg , swapping for a Panzer wrap (so the story goes ) from the basement collection ,not on display !
    How different today !
    Generally Red Army items are still a fringe interest abroad . THeir arent enough good references and material to stimulate the Interest , as opposed to Stylish Third Reich . or good old British !
    Its nice to see a strong community of collectors spreading the globe here on the forum though !

I agree these are the general trends and rationale. However, I feel that I have noticed a distict shift in availability over the last 18-24 months. I was suspicious that something else was underfoot such as an increase of Russian antiquties inforcement possibly??

The militaria can be sold within their own borders because there are collectors with money obviously, but that said I am not sure I am ready to believe that sellers in Russia are turning down western buyers out of some patriotic notion alone. Afterall, there are businesses to run and cash flow to generate... and every man has his price.

Dimas suggested in a prior thread something along the lines of it was just easier to sell domestically. No legal hassle, no language barriers, and no money issues. That may be at play as well.

What ever the reason, it feels like I have had to work much harder to find even less over the last two years. I think you are correct in that much of the Soviet material is more rare than the TR even in Russia. That said, possibly even a modest increase in Russian collector consumption could cause a huge shift in availability in other markets. Probably all these factors are creating a net result.
    Happy hunting I suppose

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast