Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Russian pilot winter cap WW2?

Article about: Do you think this is authentic? Sorry to say, but I don't have that much knowledge about it. Thanks a lot in advance!

Default Russian pilot winter cap WW2?

Do you think this is authentic? Sorry to say, but I don't have that much knowledge about it. Thanks a lot in advance!
    Russian pilot winter cap WW2?Russian pilot winter cap WW2?Russian pilot winter cap WW2?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Russian pilot winter cap WW2?
    P
    Many

I know this post is a year old, but I just thought I'd comment.
    It is a Russian pilot's winter helmet, but it's not WW2. It's an ShZ-50, introduced in 1950, so it could be anywhere from 1950 to 1958 or 60, depending on whether there was a production overlap with the Sh-60 series. I haven't really got any evidence that the ShL/ShZ-50 continued production after the introduction of the ShL-60/KM-32 mask combination. If it did it most likely would have only gone on until the introduction of the ShL-61, so that would put it's vintage between 1950 and 1960, with 1961 being a possibility.
    It's had the com cords cut off and the earphone speakers removed, so it's probably been used as a sound protection helmet by ground crew.
    Either that, or someone just wanted to wear it around on their motorbike and look cool.

Cheers, Willie.

Thanks a lot for your reply!