Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Russian Ssh40 helmet, help please

Article about: Hi everyone, I have just purchased (inexpensively) my first soviet helmet. Is it a wartime helmet? I have looked at several reference books and I see there are numerous previous threads aski

Default Re: Russian Ssh40 helmet, help please

Hi doug your lid with stitched chinstraps will be 1956 onwards most likely produced by "CT" the tractor factory stalingrad,first postwar new production 1952 "ZKO" or "3KO"red october factory still used split rivot chinstraps same as wartime issue,regards minnie.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Russian Ssh40 helmet, help please
    P
    Many

Dom
    ?

Can we have a picture of the batch number ??

Thanks

I would never use oil on a helmet unless it was completely rusted out and then perhaps not even at that. Oil will creep under any remaining paint and could encourage it it flake off. Musuems don't do it and we should act like them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

thanks for the tip adrian to be honest the oil isnt very long lived and drys out fairly quickly can i ask what if anything would be best to use in future thanks james

Ren Wax is really the best bet if you feel the need to protect them. But most need nothing.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

many thanks adrian i knew you would no what was best and douglas please ignore my last comment
    Last edited by James C; 11-24-2012 at 07:42 PM.

?

Hi Douglas! Helmet is made during the time frame from 1954 to 1960. Producer - "Plant Red October" ZKO (ЗКО). Approximately the second half of 1954 factory mark on the ink stamp was changed to St (Ст). At the Stalingrad tractor factory helmets never been produced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2