Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Russian WWII tank helmet headset

Article about: On the internet, I found this interesting picture of a Russian WWII tank crew. The crew member in the foreground wears a tank helmet with earphones and throat microphones. Such a tank helmet

Default Russian WWII tank helmet headset

On the internet, I found this interesting picture of a Russian WWII tank crew.
    The crew member in the foreground wears a tank helmet with earphones and throat microphones.

Such a tank helmet with a headset is it exactly the same production as a tank helmet without a headset?
    Was it built in the tank helmet during manufacturing or was it added later?
    How does this headset looks like? Does anyone have pictures of such a headset?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Russian WWII tank helmet headset
    P
    Many

Looks like an added feature to me my friend

BTW I like the photo 👍

Looks to me to be taken from a German Flying helmet

Default Russian tank helmet with a headset

It seems that it is a headset from a German flying helmet but I don't think it is. These tank helmets with a headset can be seen on more WWII pictures.

On this picture you can see three tankers with a tank helmet equipped with a headset. The headphones look the same.

I will bring this topic under the attention again.

The tank helmet with headset can be seen at many WWII pictures.
    I do not think it was a rare piece of equipment.
    Is it not described in a tank manual or so?

I think it's the same type as used in aircraft pilot headset too. This type of tanker headset had round type of connector made from bakelite or aluminium, same as used in aircraft headset. I've found one at T34/85 crushsite and was curious why it was there (first thought was that they had pilot aboard ) My idea is that this type was issued by vechicle commander.

You could be right.
    Look at this topic; Russian WW2 Period Flight Helmets.
    I made a partial enlargement of the tank helmet of the first picture in this topic. The headset of the tank helmet looks the same as the headset of a flight helmet.

Russian WWII tank helmet headset Russian WWII tank helmet headset

It seems that the Russians used different types of headsets. I also found this picture that was made at the beginning of the war.

Hello everyone,

Quote by kradman View Post
    Looks to me to be taken from a German Flying helmet
    In fact your not wrong, German and Soviet army used almost the same type of connector and headset throat equipement (in huge part because of the friendship relation between the two countries since the 1930s) that was more visible during the battle, especially during Kursk because on alot of testimonies that I've read so far, tankist confirm that sometimes they got interferances and heard Russian or German speacking during battle.

You can have more information about radio equipment here :
    https://www.drive2.ru/c/2836728/

Also more uknown but interesting fact the soviet did captured and modified Lkpw101 luftwaffe helmet for their own tankist troops, look like that was made during one of the worst period of tank army when troops and equipment were most lacking ... was a good idea in fact since they didn't had to modifiy the headset or throat set or produce the helmet itself.
    I found one picture so far that show this kind of helmet used by a Soviet tankist in 1942 or 1943 with the DT-28 machinegun.

and pictures of the one that I have.

You can see that the connect i the same than Soviet model if you compare to the link I give at the top.

Bagration, thank you for your very informative response. The link to the Russian website is also very interesting. I also like your example af a modified Luftwaffe Lkpw101 flight helmet into a Soviet tank helmet.

On the internet I found this interesting picture which is out of a Soviet news film. The film is about the front in Poland in 1945.

Thanks for your comment Asjemenou, always glad to help and share items !

Nice picture btw.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast