Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sailor's Visorless (Donald Duck) Caps - "Bezka"- Бескозырка

Article about: I would love to learn more about these... The first I know is wartime due to the 1944 date stamp and the tally with the smaller fonts. The second seems to be early postwar, and the remainder

Default Sailor's Visorless (Donald Duck) Caps - "Bezka"- Бескозырка

I would love to learn more about these...

The first I know is wartime due to the 1944 date stamp and the tally with the smaller fonts.

The second seems to be early postwar, and the remainder; late 40s thru mid 50s.

I am certain Dimas can enlighten us a bit further.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sailor's Visorless (Donald Duck) Caps - "Bezka"- Бескозырка   Sailor's Visorless (Donald Duck) Caps - "Bezka"- Бескозырка  

Sailor's Visorless (Donald Duck) Caps - "Bezka"- Бескозырка   Sailor's Visorless (Donald Duck) Caps - "Bezka"- Бескозырка  

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sailor's Visorless (Donald Duck) Caps - "Bezka"- Бескозырка
    P
    Many

Default Re: Бескозырка - Sailor's Visorless (Donald Duck) Caps - "Bezka"

Quote by RichieC View Post
    I would love to learn more about these...

The first I know is wartime due to the 1944 date stamp and the tally with the smaller fonts.

The second seems to be early postwar, and the remainder; late 40s thru mid 50s.

I am certain Dimas can enlighten us a bit further.
    .................................................. .................................................. ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sailor's Visorless (Donald Duck) Caps - "Bezka"- Бескозырка   Sailor's Visorless (Donald Duck) Caps - "Bezka"- Бескозырка  

Sailor's Visorless (Donald Duck) Caps - "Bezka"- Бескозырка   Sailor's Visorless (Donald Duck) Caps - "Bezka"- Бескозырка  

?

The first one is good and nice, but the "Bezuprechniy" is not a war time issue, this is the absolutely 100% pre 1940 year made. Old type of letters. And as I know the Bezuprechniy was destroyed in the war. The story of the tallys: They come from one famous Russian collector. He got about 35 pcs of that tally's from the theatre in Sevastopol, as he told me, he think that they was come to the theater before war. Because some of them has inventory numbers and pre war date. After that a lot of them goes to the collectors hands. I owe one, and one sold a couple of years ago

Wink Re: Бескозырка - Sailor's Visorless (Donald Duck) Caps - "Bezka"

So, the first example can also be 1941 dated? It is not very clear...

However, when did the font size on tallys change? According to Dima on WW2 Forum, it changed to larger size in 1946r.

Please, tell more about the others...

Also, please also tell about Bezka WITHOUT white piping(?)

?

I don't know about the date on the cap itself, but the tally you have is from the one supplyer. This to rare to find another one from vet family or something like that. All known in market is from Sevastopol theatre.
    Look at the post where I have shown my tallys, the Beregovaya oborona KBF, I have two types- one is mid 30's and second is early 40's, the space between letters I mean.

So it would not be an "evil deed" to change the tally on this (first shown) cap to one of my choice, probably BLACK SEA FLEET as this tally is certainly not original to the cap?

I understand space between letters, but also size (height & width) of letters has been discussd before also... or does this coincide to the same theme?