Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Show your Soviet winter headgear here- Ushankas and Budyonovkas

Article about: Your is from the same source as mine, I sold it about 10 years ago to Ostfront.com look at mine http://warrelics.eu/forum/headgear-s...s-16/#post1702 by Dr H This ushanka is approximately a

beorn
    ?

Default Re: Show your Soviet winter headgear here- Ushankas and Budyonovkas

And here is another one! This one is NKVD Borderguard and are dated 1934.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your Soviet winter headgear here- Ushankas and Budyonovkas   Show your Soviet winter headgear here- Ushankas and Budyonovkas  

Attached Images Attached Images Show your Soviet winter headgear here- Ushankas and Budyonovkas 

2. # ADS

beorn
    ?

My last one! a Budionovka dated 1936 Artillery or tank. This one is according to the seller a warbooty from the Winterwar in Finnland.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your Soviet winter headgear here- Ushankas and Budyonovkas  
    Attached Images Attached Images Show your Soviet winter headgear here- Ushankas and Budyonovkas  Show your Soviet winter headgear here- Ushankas and Budyonovkas 

?

First of all, greetings to everybody. Nice headgear you got there.
    Here are two. Few months old attic find from Southern Estonia.
    Sorry for the crappy photos.

Regards
    k.

?

I prefer the right one, early war example! I think both are belonged to Estonian Red army soldier, due of I remember some inscriptions on the Soviet items from that attic, that was pilotka or ushanka...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

I prefer the right one, early war example! I think both are belonged to Estonian Red army soldier, due of I remember some inscriptions on the Soviet items from that attic, that was pilotka or ushanka
    Well I do not know to whom they belonged but yes they were found with lot of German and Soviet stuff. Among them where one pilotka that You recognized as a Estonian production for Red Army. So you know was the contract only for the Estonian Territorial Corps or for more general use? Year of production should be then 1944?

?

I think is not just for Territorial corps, after the manufactures has been nationalized, they got some goverment contracts too.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Beorn,

Would you kindly show a close-up image of the red-enameled star cockarde in post number 12?
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

very nice Ushankas and Budyonovkas here guys.

Very Nice !!! all hats made of wool ????

Dr H
    ?

This ushanka is approximately a size 57 (I can't discern a label denoting the actual size, but it fits me perfectly and is used regularly when walking the dog in cold weather).

There is a handwritten label (in blue ink) sewn into the crown with a legend that appears to read '1056-55' (pictured - please excuse the yellow hue from fluorescent lighting).

There is also the very faint outline of the manufacturer's stamp in the crown (in gold/brown), but it has evaded all attempts to capture it using a camera. I've tried raked light with flash in the last image (apologies for the quality ), but this is the best way to pick it out.

There is no mothing at all and minimal wear to the rear edges of the ear flaps where the 'fishfur' meets the wool.

Can anybody take a stab at dating this ushanka on the limited information presented please?

Thanks

Ian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your Soviet winter headgear here- Ushankas and Budyonovkas   Show your Soviet winter headgear here- Ushankas and Budyonovkas  

Show your Soviet winter headgear here- Ushankas and Budyonovkas   Show your Soviet winter headgear here- Ushankas and Budyonovkas  

Show your Soviet winter headgear here- Ushankas and Budyonovkas   Show your Soviet winter headgear here- Ushankas and Budyonovkas  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast