MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Show your Soviet winter headgear here- Ushankas and Budyonovkas

Article about: Your is from the same source as mine, I sold it about 10 years ago to Ostfront.com look at mine http://warrelics.eu/forum/headgear-s...s-16/#post1702 by Dr H This ushanka is approximately a

?

Default Re: Show your Soviet winter headgear here- Ushankas and Budyonovkas

Your is from the same source as mine, I sold it about 10 years ago to Ostfront.com
    look at mine Show your Soviet winter headgear here- Ushankas and Budyonovkas

Quote by Dr H View Post
    This ushanka is approximately a size 57 (I can't discern a label denoting the actual size, but it fits me perfectly and is used regularly when walking the dog in cold weather).

There is a handwritten label (in blue ink) sewn into the crown with a legend that appears to read '1056-55' (pictured - please excuse the yellow hue from fluorescent lighting).

There is also the very faint outline of the manufacturer's stamp in the crown (in gold/brown), but it has evaded all attempts to capture it using a camera. I've tried raked light with flash in the last image (apologies for the quality ), but this is the best way to pick it out.

There is no mothing at all and minimal wear to the rear edges of the ear flaps where the 'fishfur' meets the wool.

Can anybody take a stab at dating this ushanka on the limited information presented please?

Thanks

Ian
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Show your Soviet winter headgear here- Ushankas and Budyonovkas
    P
    Many

Dr H
    ?

Thanks Dimas - that's very helpful and the nap of the wool/pile of the fishfur does look very similar indeed to mine, even down to the colour of the stamp.

I shall upload some images of a high quality leather ushanka (silk lining, leather shell, Asrtakhan wool facings). I am given to believe that it's a wartime officer's hat (the quality certainly is consistent with this), but I'd be grateful for more expert opinion.

Best

Ian

Dr H
    ?

I'd be grateful if any member could give me more information on this leather ushanka please. The quality (of lining, stitching, material) is significantly higher than my previously posted infantryman's cap.
    Thanks very much
    Ian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your Soviet winter headgear here- Ushankas and Budyonovkas   Show your Soviet winter headgear here- Ushankas and Budyonovkas  

Show your Soviet winter headgear here- Ushankas and Budyonovkas   Show your Soviet winter headgear here- Ushankas and Budyonovkas  

Show your Soviet winter headgear here- Ushankas and Budyonovkas   Show your Soviet winter headgear here- Ushankas and Budyonovkas  

Show your Soviet winter headgear here- Ushankas and Budyonovkas  
    Attached Images Attached Images Show your Soviet winter headgear here- Ushankas and Budyonovkas 

Nice display !
    I am not a Russian collector but, these caps are very nice !
    Sebastien.

?

Quote by Dr H View Post
    I'd be grateful if any member could give me more information on this leather ushanka please. The quality (of lining, stitching, material) is significantly higher than my previously posted infantryman's cap.
    Thanks very much
    Ian
    That is circa 60-70;s cap
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3