Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some of my M35 visor hats

Article about: Infantry in rare combination and one cavalry got from a our forum member Soljenitsine, a little bit restored( the part of sweatband was attached to the visor with glue- that was a lot of wor

?

Default Some of my M35 visor hats

Infantry in rare combination and one cavalry got from a our forum member Soljenitsine, a little bit restored( the part of sweatband was attached to the visor with glue- that was a lot of work to remove the hardened glue). Both in my collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some of my M35 visor hats   Some of my M35 visor hats  

Some of my M35 visor hats   Some of my M35 visor hats  

Some of my M35 visor hats   Some of my M35 visor hats  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some of my M35 visor hats
    P
    Many

Default Re: Some of my M35 visor hats

Privet Dimas!

two big caps! it is t it running to find ventilation on mod35?

Marc

?

It was starnge to me, because a usually M 24 has a vents.
    There was two caps coming from one theater both 1941 dated both with vents, one I've sold a couple of years ago. This was medical/supply service, but now I want it back

?

Thumbs up Re: Some of my M35 visor hats

This is the brother, medical service/ comissariat which was sold, congrats to the owner, one from 100's which is top
    Attached Images Attached Images Some of my M35 visor hats  Some of my M35 visor hats  Some of my M35 visor hats  Some of my M35 visor hats  Some of my M35 visor hats  Some of my M35 visor hats 

Privet Dimas,

I understands that you regret of not more l have in your collection, it is superb.

Marc

?

This one was a last chance to save it in my collection, but sometimes items go back, as I got a chance to get the tunic back for ower 10 years from other hands. I think the owner is here in forum, and if he wants, we can discuss about that item. Key words : Artillery ,newer used M 35 gimnasterka which came from family with lieutenants M 24 tunic

At first, I was skeptical about caps from 1935r forward which had vent holes. I assumed that they were M24 caps with replacement M35 visors added, thus creating an "illegal marriage".

My associate and dear friend, David Webster then showed me his three caps. Two Medical/Veterinary, and one Tankist, all with vent grommets. They seemed authentic, so my skepticism was relieved.

See photos of his cap's (however, it seems odd to me that the first has a large, thin armed M22 cap star attached. But, who am I to tell it's history?):
    Attached Images Attached Images Some of my M35 visor hats  Some of my M35 visor hats  Some of my M35 visor hats  Some of my M35 visor hats  Some of my M35 visor hats  Some of my M35 visor hats 

...and my Tankist Commander's cap:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some of my M35 visor hats   Some of my M35 visor hats  

?

Hello, Richie!
    Can you show us some close up pictures of inside of sweatband and the place where visor is attached to the cap, also vent holes. Any stampings? The first tankist looks a bit questionable for me. The last tankist looks like a good one, but stylized.
    Early pre 35 caps cannot be redesigned to M35, they are too small.

I will ask the owner of the first Tankist cap to show images as per your request Dimas...

As a matter of fact, I am trying to convince him to join the membership here and post for himself...

Please, kindly explain what doubts you have about the cap in question.

As for my "stylized" example; I questioned that attribute to myself when I first recieved it. It seems that it's former owner(s), wheather it be the original Russian commander or the collector from whom I purchased it from modified it to resemble the native type of cap worn and also modified by the Germans...

I have heard and read that this was a fairly common occurance...
    Last edited by RichieC; 10-10-2007 at 06:22 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast