Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet Air Force Hat (Parade/Walking Out)

Article about: This is another Soviet Air Force (Officer/Warrant Officer/Extended Serviceman Parade/Walking Out) Visor Hat that I had picked up along side the Everyday Use Air Force Visor I recently posted

Default Soviet Air Force Hat (Parade/Walking Out)

Soviet Air Force Hat (Parade/Walking Out)

This is another Soviet Air Force (Officer/Warrant Officer/Extended Serviceman Parade/Walking Out) Visor Hat that I had picked up along side the Everyday Use Air Force Visor I recently posted.

The inside I'd say has fared a little better than the outside of the cap. The sweatband has little no visible wear. The lining has no stains. The marker's label is somewhat worn out, but is still there and is still somewhat visible; although the stitching is coming out a little.

The outside of the hat on the other hand, like I said, is a little worn out as the upper piping on the crown in a bit jagged and torn it would seem; although only at the front of the cap. The rest of the upper piping, as well as lower piping on the crown is completely fine.

Besides the dark blue crown and light blue piping and band, the main distinguishing feature of this cap is the main cockade attached to the band of the hat is a very common one piece aluminum officer wreath with an oval cockade (Which can be found as a stand-alone type cockade) with a red star at the center, with a hammer and sickle found at the center of that, place atop a white enamel background.

At the top of the crown, as found on the other (Everyday use) hat I posted, the hat posses the Air Force wings cockade with a blank star at the center of where the wings meet at the top. I also noticed the positioning was different on these two caps. The one shown here has the point of the star resting right on the piping nearly exceeding it and the wings rest about a cm down. The other cap however has the point of the star resting about a cm down from the piping and the wings resting two cm down. I'm not sure if there was a protocol for where the wings should be at all times, but if any light could be shed upon this, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Another change from the other (Everyday use) cap is the use of the brass cord resting above the two-rimmed black fiber board visor, unique to the Parade/Walking Out variant of the hat until the Everyday Use cap was authorized to wear the same decoration on their hat in the year of 1975 or some other year close to that date if my memory serves me right.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy the share !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet Air Force Hat (Parade/Walking Out)
    P
    Many