Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Soviet helmet.

Article about: Hi, I present my latest discovery in France, this helmet dated 1941. The liner is interesting. Regards. Philippe

Default Re: Soviet helmet.

Interesting... I wonder if they had simply begun to make Ssh-40 liner pads out of the material at that time, and exhausted the Ssh-39 sweatbands during the course of production and transition.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet helmet.
    P
    Many

?

first SSch-40 by LMZ, made in 1941year was leather made liners. Most of 1942- cloth, 43- and late - oilcloth
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    first SSch-40 by LMZ, made in 1941year was leather made liners. Most of 1942- cloth, 43- and late - oilcloth
    Be careful here... Your observations may be more of coincidence than a true evolution of liner materials. The majority of 42 dated Lysma Ssh-40 I have owned and/or handled have had oilcloth/graylex pads. Not many 41 dates out there to inspect, but mine has gralex pads. I do have a 42 date with cloth pads. It is possible material shortages forced the use of multiple materials. Regardless, it is my opinion that the date has little to do with what was used. Maybe there was a time where material shortages make the alternate materials a little more common during a certain period of manufacture, but I think most from 41-45 were graylex the other materials were limited substitutes. It would seem the manufacturing institutions abandoned the use of leather as the prefered material during Ssh-39 development 1939-40.

Always an interesting subject.

?

I think the pads where made in different factories, as I remember the early 1990's where the Soviet army abandoned Estonia, I found the box with the M 40 pads, made in 1950's and there was a tag of producer by some kind of sewing factory in Kalinin. The same in war time, different factories was made liners for that purposes.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I think the pads where made in different factories, as I remember the early 1990's where the Soviet army abandoned Estonia, I found the box with the M 40 pads, made in 1950's and there was a tag of producer by some kind of sewing factory in Kalinin. The same in war time, different factories was made liners for that purposes.
    Another solid point Multiple tiers of supply probably accounts for much of the variation seen in Soviet militaria.

Dom
    ?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    No, Michael, they was apartly produced from the mid of 41 without graylex
    Another example
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet helmet.  

I believe legitimate, no graylex sweatband helmets exist. However on Dom's example, look at all the rough threads and stitching around the edge. This one looks like the graylex has been torn out to my eyes. There was a 3KO example on eBay Germany last week that looked similar to this.

Dom
    ?

Hi Mike,
    not evident, the color of the textile is uniform, there is no trace or when the headband was removed from the perception of the helmet?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2