Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soviet M26?

Article about: Here is a slightly better view of the comparison of the Adrian, and the Sohlberg.

Default Soviet M26?

Here is a slightly better view of the comparison of the Adrian, and the Sohlberg.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet M26?   Soviet M26?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet M26?
    P
    Many

Default Soviet M26?

thanks RH i can now see the differences the comb is much smaller compared to the m1926

?

Default Soviet M26?

Gentlemen, I have found one exception that proves the rule. This Adrian M26 was found during excavations on the battlefield in the Smolensk region of Russia. At a distance of more than 700 km from the border with Germany (1941). Or 400 km from the old Polish border (1939). I assume that it was used by the retreating Red Army troops fought. Motion vector - from the western border of the USSR in Belarus to Moscow. But this is just my guess. Now figure out the details and more information from the people who made this discovery.Soviet M26?

- - Updated - -

...Soviet M26?Soviet M26?

Default Soviet M26?

Quote by mixer View Post
    Gentlemen, I have found one exception that proves the rule. This Adrian M26 was found during excavations on the battlefield in the Smolensk region of Russia. At a distance of more than 700 km from the border with Germany (1941). Or 400 km from the old Polish border (1939). I assume that it was used by the retreating Red Army troops fought. Motion vector - from the western border of the USSR in Belarus to Moscow. But this is just my guess. Now figure out the details and more information from the people who made this discovery.Soviet M26?

- - Updated - -

...Soviet M26?Soviet M26?

This does rather substantiate the story that I was told, that some Red Army troops sent to the Spanish Civil War were issued with French M-26 helmets, and then brought them back to the Soviet Union.

Hmmm!

?

Default Soviet M26?

How many Russian troops were in Spain? You know that? Аnd Russian pilots and sailors also took with them steel helmets, when they leaving? Each took one, not, two helmets! Аnd Russian tankmen? They are also in the tanks fought with helmets? Why Russian should take away from Spain M26 helmets? Or do you think that a few hundred, even one or two thousands helmets were so badly needed the Red Army? On the contrary, the Russian brought to Spain their helmets SSH-36. Most of the Russian left for the Soviet Union through France with civil documents. As they could carry military supplies through independent state? I think very unconvincing Spanish version.

Default Soviet M26?

Generally speaking the total number of Red Army/Air Force "advisers" was between 2,000, and 3,000, but did not exceed 500 at any given time.

Spanish Civil War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How many of them were issued with M-26 helmets is unknown. How many of them took those helmets back to the Soviet Union is also unknown, but that some did is known, as documents I have read about refer to the Spanish/French helmets being cleaned, and repainted for Red Army use.

Since the M-15 helmet was referred to directly as the Model 15, then what is the reference to the Spanish/French helmet about unless it is M-26 helmets brought back from Spain?

?

Default Soviet M26?

[QUOTE=RedHorseman25;766583] ... as documents I have read about refer to the Spanish/French helmets being cleaned, and repainted for Red Army use.

Excuse me, but even in Russia, I have not seen a document like the one you mentioned. I would very much like to look at that. Least one eye.

21/07/1937 to Cartagena from Sevastopol imported 7000 steel helmets SSH-36.

By the end of the Spanish Civil War Franco controlled or blocked all ports. The last Russian convoy with weapons for the Republicans unloaded in the French Bordeaux. In February 1939 from France to the Soviet Union left the last 300 Russian seconded to the war in Spain. With civil and not military documents, in civilian clothes. As employees of Soviet industrial enterprises and government organizations. Undercover operations. And they drove home without helmets in their suitcases. I'm sure of it.

Default Soviet M26

Col. James;

That is rather confusing to me as well. It seemed to me that the relic dug out of the ground near Smolensk seemed to support the use of the M-26 Adrian by Soviet troops, yet now the poster of those pictures is disputing whether they were used. How can you have it both ways? Either the presence of an M-26 supports that they were used, or what?

Now, there may be debate over how the helmets got to the Red Army, but the existence of the the one I have, which came from the Ukraine, and now this relic dug up near Smolensk rather supports the claim that they were used by Red Army troops. The friend's family who still lives in the Ukraine, gave the helmet to me, through him, and the family lore is that it was brought back from the Spanish Civil war. I have no way of knowing if the story is true, or not, but unless someone can prove it is not, I will accept it as such.

So my question to anyone who does not believe that the Red Army had, and used M-26 Adrian helmets, how do you explain the two helmets, one of which was clearly recovered on a battlefield in the former Soviet Union?

Default re: Soviet M26?

not entirely sure where my last post went ,it seems to have vanished into thin air ,for those who didnt read my comment ,i was merely asking what the significance of this adrian relic find was

Default re: Soviet M26?

Col. James;

I saw it, as I responded to it above.

Bruce

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast