Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soviet Medic Helmet

Article about: Hey Guys, I'm making a diorama with a Soviet Medic in it. it doesn't matter what year really, but he's wearing a steel helmet and it's in the Summer. Did Russian Medics have the red cross pa

EvilKiwi436
    ?

Default Soviet Medic Helmet

Hey Guys, I'm making a diorama with a Soviet Medic in it. it doesn't matter what year really, but he's wearing a steel helmet and it's in the Summer. Did Russian Medics have the red cross painted on their helmets, or did they take that off?
    Please help!

2. # ADS

Default Re: Soviet Medic Helmet

Hi, no Red Cross markings. Just the usual green helmet.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi, no Red Cross markings. Just the usual green helmet.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade, why is that? Was there a Soviet Red Cross?

Just something they never did. There was no Soviet Red Cross. They never signed the Geneva Convention either.

Medics bags were "Red Cross" marked.

Medics Bag WWII Soviet ??

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Not on Helmets.

But you are confusing the "red Cross" with the International Red Cross: there is a big difference.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I think there was a Soviet Red cross, but they were not a part of the ICRC?

Let's make this simple: if anyone can show a wartime photo of an RKKA Medic with a red cross marked helmet, please post it here.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    I think there was a Soviet Red cross, but they were not a part of the ICRC?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Not on Helmets.

But you are confusing the "red Cross" with the International Red Cross: there is a big difference.

Cheers, Ade.
    Now I see. Off course they wouldn't want to have anything in common with the 'rotten bourgeoisie' (c) cmrd. Lenin

What is really interesting : who has started the Red Cross movement; what for; and what it became to be? History is an ironic lady.

?

Quote by ph3s View Post
    Now I see. Off course they wouldn't want to have anything in common with the 'rotten bourgeoisie' (c) cmrd. Lenin
    Something along those lines Here is something from Wiki: The ICRC worked with the Russian Red Cross society and later the society of the Soviet Union, constantly emphasizing the ICRC's neutrality.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast