Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this original?

Article about: Hey, some guy is listing this on ebay as WW2 original, and I was wondering if he is telling the truth.

?

Default Is this original?

Hey, some guy is listing this on ebay as WW2 original, and I was wondering if he is telling the truth.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this original?   Is this original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this original?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is this original?

He is FOS...

Appears to be 1971 made.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

That's what I was thinking, just wasn't sure that was how you date it, I mostly collect US stuff. Anyway, thanks!

Quote by Reilly View Post
    That's what I was thinking, just wasn't sure that was how you date it, I mostly collect US stuff. Anyway, thanks!
    The date is at the bottom right of the inkstamp.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Soviet Pilotka 1971 with Enamel Red Star

Hi,
    i would like to share this with you.
    It's a Post War Pilotka with a Enamel Red Star Insignia (dated: 1971).
    Regards

Fábio
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this original?   Is this original?  

Is this original?   Is this original?  

Is this original?  

Default Re: Soviet Pilotka 1971 with Enamel Red Star

It seems to be the same one posted by Reilly.

In any case, I may be mistaken in my assumption that this pilotka needs the smaller and lightweight 24MM star to make it correct (?). I know for a fact the star you show is pre-1964 type for visor caps and winter headdresses - introduced in the mid 1950s.

At times I wish there were more enlightened members here that know about post 1960 items and would show their collections.

I myself would like to put a Soviet-Afghan War period VDV ensemble together at some point in the future.

Regards,

Richie

So,
    In your opinion, it is a original 1971 Pilotka with a mid-50s original red star??

Correct...

Hi,
    The price was a clue that it was not a WWII item (Low opening bid and no reserve).
    I purchased it for eleven U.S. dollars assuming that it was a 70's original militaria item, by the stamp on inside
    (Similar to that found on a SSh40 soviet Helmet i recently also purchased).
    I post it (the Pilotka) on another thread and a fellow collector confimed what i was thinking.
    He also ad that the red star insignia is from an earlier period.
    I considered it a fair price for an item with 40 years old, in perfect condition.
    One thing i learned from buying on ebay is:
    "Do not believe on what to dealer says, but on what you can really see from the pictures".
    If necessary, contact the dealer an ask for more pictures or information on how he dated the item.
    If you still are not certain about something you can always ask for help on the forum or eventuallly widraw you offer.
    This way, the fakes or mistaken described item will be detected, sooner or later.
    Regards

Fabio

Dom
    ?

Hello,

both examples, the first pilotka Red Warrior factory Moscow 1960 , enamel star 24 MM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast