Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet stamps in TR headgear/tunics

Article about: I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I'm researching this triangular stamp that I've seen appearing in a lot of questionable TR clothing. From what I've learn't so far, this a Soviet man

?

Default Soviet stamps in TR headgear/tunics

I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I'm researching this triangular stamp that I've seen appearing in a lot of questionable TR clothing. From what I've learn't so far, this a Soviet manufacturer or clothing depot stamp. The other stamps mean "rental" and "written off" Is that correct?
    I can't understand why this stamp would be on TR items? Museum, theatre or film studio stamps I can understand being there but not this one.
    I'll post some of the TR items first.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet stamps in TR headgear/tunics   Soviet stamps in TR headgear/tunics  

Soviet stamps in TR headgear/tunics  
    Attached Images Attached Images Soviet stamps in TR headgear/tunics 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet stamps in TR headgear/tunics
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Soviet stamps in TR headgear/tunics

I've also been shown this stamp which is on an original Budionovka. To my eye, the stamps on the TR items look to be bad copies of this stamp.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet stamps in TR headgear/tunics  

?

That is the stamp of men warderobe, issued by theater or a filmstudio, in the end of 1990's there was made a lot of fakes looks like from filmstudio, and they have a reproduced theater stampings. The last one as you can see original and is different from above
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Ok, my girlfriend has helped me out with this but it's still a puzzle.

At the bottom = мужская = Men's ?

Word on the right hand side of triangle = костюмерная = Costume? (so we are talking about a theatre or film studioand not a clothing manufacturer stamp?)

Can't make out the word on the left.

?

государственная костюмерная- мужская ( секция) State men's warderobe, something like a rental stock for filmstudios. Men's section
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Sorry Dimas, I was writting the post just before you replied.

So, I still don't really understand. The original stamp is dated 1933r and I was told it was found in an original Budionovka. So maybe a WW1 cap then used by the film studio?

And the others in the German stuff, complete fake yes? Do you know anything about who was putting these fake stamps in the clothing?

OKW
    ?

1990's the wall comes down and suddenly there access to this market which hasn't been tapped before. There are several famous Russian films made with captured TR items shortly after the war and into the 50's and this mother lode is suddenly available from cash strapped Russian sources. The Russians being quite bright decided to supply the market, taklng up capitalism quickly from where they left off. Market forces, if you haven't the goods to sell then make them, add a few theatre stamps and Roberts a near relative!

?

Very true, what I'm trying to find though is evidence that the stamps in these German items shown above are 100% complete fake stamps and then, if possible, find evidence that the items themselves are known to be fake and who was making them.
    I know, a lot to ask!

?

I don't know personally, but oftenly seen in the late 90's
    Most probably stamp was usen during a all the 30's and need a picture to see the Budionovka itself

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Sorry Dimas, I was writting the post just before you replied.

So, I still don't really understand. The original stamp is dated 1933r and I was told it was found in an original Budionovka. So maybe a WW1 cap then used by the film studio?

And the others in the German stuff, complete fake yes? Do you know anything about who was putting these fake stamps in the clothing?
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Ok, thanks to you all !!