MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Soviet Tanker Display

Article about: Recently, the research came back on one of my Red Stars. It was earned by a Russian Guards Division T-34/85 driver/ mechanic who among other feats, machine gunned/ "ironed" ~100 Hi

Default Soviet Tanker Display

Recently, the research came back on one of my Red Stars. It was earned by a Russian Guards Division T-34/85 driver/ mechanic who among other feats, machine gunned/ "ironed" ~100 Hitlerites and also captured ~20 German soldiers and officers while expertly caring for and maneuvering his beast of a vehicle in combat.

Since receiving this research, I have been trying to put together a nice little display centered on the ORS.

Although I REALLY should be saving money... I recently acquired this rare 1941 dated tanker helmet. I also added some tanker/ motorist goggles. To top it off, I stumbled upon this post-war Soviet-made T-34/85 die-cast model. I am still waiting on acrylic stands to display the ORS and Guards Badge... but I thought I'd show you fine fellows how the display is shaping up!

I hope you enjoy!

- - Updated - -

Here is a teaser pic. Sorry for the poor quality... I'll take high-quality shots later today.

Soviet Tanker Display

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet Tanker Display
    P
    Many

Default Re: Soviet Tanker Display

Here is a date stamp from behind one of the ear flaps of the helmet. A translation would be greatly appreciated!

Soviet Tanker Display

Looking good!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Joe, the bottom two lines read "Size 55" and "Moscow 1941".

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Looks good Joe, nice find on the helmet. Looking forward to seeing it finished

Jason

Here are some nice pics of the helmet taken in natural light. My medal stands got lost in the mail and probably wont make it here in time before I leave for Italy.

Soviet Tanker DisplaySoviet Tanker DisplaySoviet Tanker DisplaySoviet Tanker DisplaySoviet Tanker DisplaySoviet Tanker DisplaySoviet Tanker DisplaySoviet Tanker DisplaySoviet Tanker DisplaySoviet Tanker DisplaySoviet Tanker DisplaySoviet Tanker DisplaySoviet Tanker DisplaySoviet Tanker DisplaySoviet Tanker DisplaySoviet Tanker DisplaySoviet Tanker Display

?

very Nice Joe...Looking Good

Greg

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

this is such a great period item and i really like the way youve displayed it with the goggles thanks for posting ,james

Hi Folks,

Sorry for being SO late with this. Here is a picture of the display as it stands today. I'm currently looking for a cheap alternative to replace the foam head which I've heard can be harmful.

Soviet Tanker Display

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast