MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soviet women beret

Article about: Hello, I was wondering from which period this beret is from. I hope someone can help Youri

Default Soviet women beret

Hello, I was wondering from which period this beret is from. I hope someone can help

Soviet women beret Soviet women beret Soviet women beret

Youri

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet women beret
    P
    Many

In my opinion, something like this needs to be held "in hand" and/or compared to verified wartime originals, which are quite rare.

And most of the time, star-cockarde adornments can not truly date a piece of headgear, as they can be changed quite easily. In this case, we can try and ascertain the star's vintage, but I need REALLY clear high resolution images of the obverse and reverse of it - but how I hate to remove things that may have been in place, untouched, for three quarters of a century plus...

Maybe the others can supply a more definitive answer. I think our Dom and Philippe are likely candidates for possibly such.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

My first impression is its like ones I brought back and sold for re enactors via ebay. The female felt caps were usually stores from a1970s onwards. I don't know if they were different wartime from these. I have one in finer material . A wool not felt which If I remember is multi part construction. I'm sure variations exist especially for commissioned ladies.

Thanks for that Rob. Definitely worth mentioning.

Cheers,
    Richie
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Rob is correct. This one is circa 1970's era.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for all the info guys, I noticed there is very little information on the net about this beret. I got a reference book about the soviet soldier in WW2 which only says this beret is worn by female personnel but that they also wore other regulation headwear. Also this book has part about the headwear stars, and the star on this beret looks exactly like the ''1939 pattern cap star''. I will post more detailed pictures soon.

Youri

Female uniforms are a bit of a neglected area of study generally in my opinion. This needs re appraisal especially considering the epic contribution of Soviet women to their country. I have a few pieces of uniforms I picked them up cheap as when I was in Petersburg they weren't so collected ..although always rarer.

Dom
    ?

Hi,

Indeed not much information.

Mike's thread about this women beret :

Woman's Beret

There is a book on female effects :

Soviet women beret

Thanks Dom, here 3 pages from the book about the beret:

Soviet women beret Soviet women beret Soviet women beret

Youri

Default Update: better pics

Hey guys, I got it now and I made some better pics, second opinion anyone?

Soviet women beretSoviet women beretSoviet women beretSoviet women beretSoviet women beret

I hope the pictures are clear enough, the color is a bit darker in real life. Would appreciate what you guys think again

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast