Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SSch36 Helmets/ Pics attached / Opinions

Article about: Hello, here are pics of 3 helmets I can purchase. They range from \\$350-\\$650. I do not know if the repaint on the first one with complete liner is original wartime done. The other 2 helmets h

Default SSch36 Helmets/ Pics attached / Opinions

Hello, here are pics of 3 helmets I can purchase. They range from $350-$650. I do not know if the repaint on the first one with complete liner is original wartime done. The other 2 helmets have what looks like the original wartime paint.

I would like opinions about these helmets please. If the first re-painted helmet could be stripped of the paint, IF the paint is post war done, I do not know the condition of the paint underneath.

I could also take the good complete liner out of that one, and put it in one of the other shells. What does everyone think of that idea? I like the color and condition of the other 2 helmets also.
    With the combo of the 3 helmets, if I buy all of them, one real nice helmet could be put together, and re-sell the others.

What do you think??

I do not like to mess with original items, and it is just a thought, so I can get a nice complete helmet, for what seems half the going price.

Also a pic of a pilotka cap? I do not know if it is WWII, any help with that? and other items pictured will be appreciated.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SSch36 Helmets/ Pics attached / Opinions   SSch36 Helmets/ Pics attached / Opinions  

SSch36 Helmets/ Pics attached / Opinions   SSch36 Helmets/ Pics attached / Opinions  

SSch36 Helmets/ Pics attached / Opinions   SSch36 Helmets/ Pics attached / Opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SSch36 Helmets/ Pics attached / Opinions
    P
    Many

Default Re: # SSch36 Helmets/ Pics attached / Opinions/ More pics

Hello!! more pics. Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SSch36 Helmets/ Pics attached / Opinions   SSch36 Helmets/ Pics attached / Opinions  

Default Re: # SSch36 Helmets/ More Pics attached / Opinions

More pics. Steve

SSch36 Helmets/ Pics attached / Opinions  

?

Default re: SSch36 Helmets/ Pics attached / Opinions

Very hard to say about the first helmet, at least it's painted with original color scheme and has a late type after 38 year chinstrap. Another one which looks like a factory painted must be 1940-41 year made, but has an erly pre 38 chinstrap. The latest helmet has early liner, but looks like a late type shell. If you'll decide to buy them in that price range- that is sounds like something between a bargain and fair price
    The pilotka is not soviet one
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Default Re: SSch36 Helmets/ Pics attached / Opinions

Hello Dimas!, thanks for looking at helmets. I will update, and show better pics if I get them. They look like nice, but I like the 39-40 model a little better. Maybe I could have both models, but then I will be a helmet collector. : )

Regards,. Steve

Steve,

Interesting lot of helmets. #1 has had the shell exterior repainted with a brush... I sure would like the liner out of that one for the helmet I have on ebay right now. The others are a mixed bag. Depends on what condition you are looking for really. If you are willing to foot the cash, better examples are not too tough to find.

One thing to check if you attempt your liner swap plan. Make sure the shell sizes match or you may end up with liners and shells that cannot be swapped convincingly.

The cap is not a Soviet Pilotka...

The latter two helmets I might deviate from Dimas' opinion of the time of manufacture. The color cannot be clearly identified by the photos to tell if it is the Ssh-39 color used on the last Ssh-36 helmets made by LMZ in 1940/41. It could be the lighter green used on earlier Ssh-36, but often these have the thin star with the full hammer and sickle. The earlier sewn on chinstrap with toothed buckle might support this as well. Hard to tell really.

I cannot remember off hand which came first, the lighter green with the thin star with H&S or the more black-green color with the wide outline star. Regardless, there were two distinct colors.

Is that traces of black paint on the interior shell skirt of the first helmet... the repainted one? If so, it likely spent time in Finnish Civil service and probably has a layer of black paint under the exterior green as well. Something else to keep in mind if thinking of attempting a restoration.

?

The first types also in size 1-4.
    The wide star mithout H&S, is pre 38 issue, but from pictures I woulkd say both are after 39 made. The early helmets made with double layer of paint, first one is khaki and second is earth grey like. Steve's helmets looks like SSch 39 paint
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

3mk
    ?

Looks alot like a Polish ``Furazerka`` which is like a pilotka

Hello,

The pilotka is in fact a french "calot" for the administrative occupation forces in germany post WWII.

Bruno

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast