Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

SSch40 Wartime Helmet?? Post War?? Help Needed

Article about: Hello everyone!! "Is This A WW2 Helmet" : ) Here are some pics of a SSh-40 helmet I was thinking of purchasing for my collection or WW2 Soviet/Russian items. I know this is a very

?

Default Re: SSch40 Wartime Helmet?? Post War?? Help Needed

So, I've just make new thread, which will probably explain something, just compare. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ussr-...font-7547.html
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SSch40 Wartime Helmet?? Post War??  Help Needed
    P
    Many

?

Just compare this helmets
    Regards,
    Dimas

Hello Dimas, great post, thanks for taking time to take all the pics. I will use for future reference.

Regards, Steve

?

here are the pictures with ssch40 used by romanian army the last paint is for romanian army.regards adrian.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SSch40 Wartime Helmet?? Post War??  Help Needed   SSch40 Wartime Helmet?? Post War??  Help Needed  

SSch40 Wartime Helmet?? Post War??  Help Needed   SSch40 Wartime Helmet?? Post War??  Help Needed  

Quote by ZERO View Post
    here are the pictures with ssch40 used by romanian army the last paint is for romanian army.regards adrian.
    Hello, thanks for showing your helmet. Nice helmet. I notice the chin strap weave and thickness is different than my helmet that started this thread. Your font of the stamped numbers looks slightly different also.

Regards, Steve

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Just compare this helmets
    Hi Dimas!! thanks again for these comparison pics. I have been looking, and it seems the font in the 2, and 6 are different in the 2 helmets. Also, maybe the the size of the actual font?? - . Wesely's Dad is still going on about SSch39-40!! I did not know the helmet would cause so much debate!! Very Good!! Excellent information.

I think I have found out exactly when my helmet helmet made. It was made at 00:15 hundred hours Jan. 1, 1946. : )

Regards, Steve

?

Take a look at the ink stamp first it is by config the same. The squared digids doesen't matter similarity, but they are allways post war
    Regards,
    Dimas

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Take a look at the ink stamp first it is by config the same. The squared digids doesen't matter similarity, but they are allways post war
    Hello Dimas! OK, yes I see what are talking about. My helmet started a good thread in my opinion. I have learned greatly.

I have found another helmet that I will post now in a new thread. I would like to get it, but only if it is pre '45.

Regards, Steve

Quote by RichieC View Post
    It seems to me that somebody out there got a good buy...
    I Agree.

strategicnuclearmoose
    ?

I agree it is late war and i think the liner and strap match up. everything is well aged and compared to a 49 dated helmet i have it looks like its a late war. a very nice helmet in all considering the markings on the front are still visible to a degree.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast