Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

SSch40 Wartime Helmet?? Post War?? Help Needed

Article about: Hello everyone!! "Is This A WW2 Helmet" : ) Here are some pics of a SSh-40 helmet I was thinking of purchasing for my collection or WW2 Soviet/Russian items. I know this is a very

Default SSch40 Wartime Helmet?? Post War?? Help Needed

Hello everyone!! "Is This A WW2 Helmet" : ) Here are some pics of a SSh-40 helmet I was thinking of purchasing for my collection or WW2 Soviet/Russian items. I know this is a very common question, as WWII helmets and post war are so similar. The partial Red Star on this one looks as if it could be WWII, but I have not handled & seen enough to know, or even if that Red Star was WW2 era. Any help/opionions from the members who have been collecting Russian helmets a little longer, would be appreciated.

The helmet has a faint ink/date/maker stamp, a number stamped in the rear rim, also a number "379" stamped in black ink. I have noticed that all three liner pads are different materials on the back. One is a completely different weave, and the other is a different color. The pads appear to have been with the helmet for a long time, and wear pattern is the same on all.

If you want of need more pics, I can post them. THANKS in Advance!! Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SSch40 Wartime Helmet?? Post War??  Help Needed   SSch40 Wartime Helmet?? Post War??  Help Needed  

SSch40 Wartime Helmet?? Post War??  Help Needed   SSch40 Wartime Helmet?? Post War??  Help Needed  

SSch40 Wartime Helmet?? Post War??  Help Needed   SSch40 Wartime Helmet?? Post War??  Help Needed  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SSch40 Wartime Helmet?? Post War??  Help Needed
    P
    Many

Default Re: SSch40 Wartime Helmet?? Post War?? Help Needed

Hi Steve, look like a good helmet. I think I can just make out a faint "44" for the date?

Cheers, Ade.

Hello Steve,

I would agree with Ade, helmet seems to be an original wartime lid and nice find.

Hello,

For my part, I think that the helmet is post war.

Regards

Marc

Hi Ade, thanks for the opinion, I see no 44 on it, but your eyes might be better. What about the other characteristics? Red Star? Did they use that after the war? Chinstraps, liner etc? Regards, Steve

Hello Stalingrad, Thanks. What makes you think so? Regards, Steve

Hello Soljenitsyne, thanks. What makes you think it is post war please?
    Regards, Steve

Steve,

For me liner post war.

Regards

Marc

Hi Marc, OK, thank you. Can you say what specifics about the liner? What about the straps and rest of helmet? Regards, Steve

Default Re:Anyone out there?? Help Needed/ SSh40 Wartime Helmet??

Anyone know specifics, and more details, opinions?? is the helmet war time? There must be a few more who might have some thoughts. Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SSch40 Wartime Helmet?? Post War??  Help Needed   SSch40 Wartime Helmet?? Post War??  Help Needed  

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast