Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SSH 39 Helmet ( 1941 )

Article about: Afternoon gents, I have just received this very nice conditioned Ssh 39 helmet dated 1941. The only flaw is the missing chinstrap buckle, but i can live with that! It is made by AM3 which i

Default SSH 39 Helmet ( 1941 )

Afternoon gents,
    I have just received this very nice conditioned Ssh 39 helmet dated 1941. The only flaw is the missing chinstrap buckle, but i can live with that! It is made by AM3 which i believe is Lysvinskiy Metallicheskiy Zaved ( Lysva Metallurgical Plant ) but i am happy to be corrected! If anyone has a rusty old buckle for this i'm interested!! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SSH 39 Helmet ( 1941 )   SSH 39 Helmet ( 1941 )  

SSH 39 Helmet ( 1941 )   SSH 39 Helmet ( 1941 )  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SSH 39 Helmet ( 1941 )
    P
    Many

Hi Leon.
    We have twins !! Mine is stamped 745, your's is 746. Don't know what that 3 digit # signifies.
    Will keep eyes open for the buckle....but tough to find
    Nice helmet it is !!
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SSH 39 Helmet ( 1941 )   SSH 39 Helmet ( 1941 )  

MAP
    ?

Both very nice. Passed on one of these a few years back and regret it to this day.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That's interesting David, a very close "brother" indeed, and another fine example. I too have no idea about the 3 digit number, would be interesting if Ade or the boy's can enlighten us. Michael, if and when another comes along I will try and let you know, it took me a while to track down this one and the site it was on did not have it listed with their other "Russian Helmets", for some reason it was a stand alone Ssh 39 listing?? Probably why it was still there for me to nab! Leon.

MAP
    ?

Other priorities this year...but if you do see one, I might be tempted. We all need at least one helmet from each of the major Combatants
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

You are going to start an "International collection" ? Don't you have most of the major countries involved already MAP ?
    D.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Other priorities this year...but if you do see one, I might be tempted. We all need at least one helmet from each of the major Combatants
    That's exactly what I have been doing recently, although I have concentrated on Europe making a display with my DD HEER M35, French M26, U.S M1, this SSH 39 and of course my old Grandad's MKIII turtle, all backed by the front page of the Evening Standard "Nazi's invade Holland, Luxembourg and Belgium!" I will take a picture when I get the chance. Leon.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Great helmet, the wear makes it look really nice and used. Would really like to get one as well but between the price for a WW2 model and what MAP said about other priorities a nice ssh 39/40 will continue to evade me.

Awesome helmet Leon - great condition.
    This is on my hit list too.
    Nick

Ahh there is a really good web site on these markings but I just can't locate it! Plus my three digit is not too far off the two here, but mines a large size.
    Of all the major combatants I'm short an Italian helmet!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast