Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Article about: by Totenhead How does this one seem ?? Cheers I would have kept this one

?

Default Re: Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

One of the chosen few mate

Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ssh 39 and Ssh 40
    P
    Many

Quote by Datrus View Post
    One of the chosen few mate

Cheers
    Are they special ?? I sold it for £50 ??

?

LOL. Ohh mate. Yes they are. As i said i don't know why they are sought after and rare. One issue can be that idiots try and fake them to be '43 and so on. To my understanding they are more worth than a WW 1943 stamped one. Maybe there are other issues involved such as rare green liner/CS. This i do not know. I am also grounded with a very obnoxious cold at the moment, so i am not in the mood to contacts guys here right now... This might not be the most pleasant post you have read. Dom might have more info on this, but the '48 is more rare than the '43, this much i know.

Cheers matey

Quote by Datrus View Post
    LOL. Ohh mate. Yes they are. As i said i don't know why they are sought after and rare. One issue can be that idiots try and fake them to be '43 and so on. To my understanding they are more worth than a WW 1943 stamped one. Maybe there are other issues involved such as rare green liner/CS. This i do not know. I am also grounded with a very obnoxious cold at the moment, so i am not in the mood to contacts guys here right now... This might not be the most pleasant post you have read. Dom might have more info on this, but the '48 is more rare than the '43, this much i know.

Cheers matey
    No worries mate ! Get better soon !! The one I had, someone had tried to make it look like a 1943 by rubbing some of the mark off, thats why i sold it because I realised it was a 1948 one !!! Doh !!

" Factory red stars were on СШ-39 and СШ-36
    On СШ-40 they stopped to draw them. Because there is now reasons to wear big red target on your head. During the war it could be initiative of the owner(brave guy). Close to the end of war and after the war red stars could be drawn during local parades or celebrations if сommand was not against. Just for show. Because it's beautiful and considerable. It could be during military maneuvers and worked on public. Today many owners when restore old helmets continue to draw stars for the same reasons. There is many stories how children draw stars on fathers helmets to play military games. So there is no general documents about stars. But you could meet them very often. "
    Last edited by Totenhead; 02-16-2013 at 10:32 AM.

How does this one seem ??

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ssh 39 and Ssh 40   Ssh 39 and Ssh 40  

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40   Ssh 39 and Ssh 40  

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40  

Hi Martin, a good original item. Shame about the rust.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Cheers Ade, Yes shame about the rust but I think it will clean up ok, adds a little character, how about this one, do you feel the LMZ markings are correct ? Cheers M
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ssh 39 and Ssh 40   Ssh 39 and Ssh 40  

Looks fine too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Cheers Ade, Final one !

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast