Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Article about: by Totenhead How does this one seem ?? Cheers I would have kept this one

?

Default Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Hello Gents,

I would like to get your opinions on these two helmets i have picked up today I of course have my own opinion but input from colleagues are always appreciated and interesting.

Ssh 40 with Size 3 and 1943 print. It have 2 stamps that looks like the Tula arsenal stamp. I will guess it's a LMZ stamp. One on the inside of the "visor" and one on the inside of the dome. Leather chin strap. The star could be post war made. It could have been made for parade use. Before you "start" i have a fellow collector here who have a helmet with the same type star.

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Ssh 39

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ssh 39 and Ssh 40
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Nice lid Lars, I always thought period ones did not have the star ??

Cheers

?

I think it's post war painted. I have had one with the red printed star on it from 1941

Here you go

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Regards, Lars

Nice lid again Lars !!! I will be in the market for on of these soon !

So you are happy that the star is original to the helmet, as i said, I was under the impression that no Red Army Helmets were ever issued with a star on them ?? Any period photo's with them in use??

Cheers M

?

I will see if i can find the old thread on the "Star" lid. Personally i don't have pics of the star in use, but i am quite sure i have seen them on period pics. We are talking the printed star here right ? I don't know about the painted star with white outline, but it's quite a coincidence a fellow collector have a helmet with the exact same painted star. His opinion is that the painted star was applied for parades.

Regards, Lars

?

Not so many opinions on these two lids Quite unusual.

Regards, Lars

?

Hello gents,

So here is my take on the two helmets, since there are more than 100 views and only me and Totenhead chiming in

'39
    Liner is wrong on the '39 and have probably been reissued hence the light green color. The old darker green can be seen on the in and outside. It will have been made between 1939 and 1941 of course. Chinstrap is difficult for me to ID. It looks like post war of standard WW2 '39. Most likely post war because of the color.

'40
    Chin strap i have no idea on. The painted star i am not too sure on. I know a collector here who have one with the same type star painted, so not a one-off home made thing. He think it may have been applied for parade purpose. Liner is brown and looks OK. I am confused about all stamps The Army approval stamp on the front inside skirt for one. Were they also on WW2 helmets? Next is the ink stamp. I have not seen this type before with only and L/Л. It writes Л-43. The helmet is IMO a LMZ because ot the LMZ maker stamp on inside of the dome.

Regards, Lars

Lars mate on that ssh39 lid you can clearly see the rivots at the top so what is holding that ssh40 liner in place?......Jake.

?

Most likely one rivet for each liner pad. It's not impossible to fit the 40 liner to the 39 but it would most likely not last long The seller of course said the liner was wrong, which i of course know it is.

Regards, Lars

Lars thats what i thought,the shell was changed to take the new liner hence the rivots being moved so if there at the top and there's nothing at the bottom showing through the shell then there cannot be much of a good support for it.........Jake.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast