Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Ssh 39 up for quick opinions

Article about: Hi, I would like to get quick opinions on a SSH 39 I want to buy. I like it a lot but I am not very knowledgeable in this field. Please let me know what you think. Best regards Ben

Default Ssh 39 up for quick opinions

Hi,

I would like to get quick opinions on a SSH 39 I want to buy. I like it a lot but I am not very knowledgeable in this field. Please let me know what you think.

Best regards

Ben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ssh 39 up for quick opinions   Ssh 39 up for quick opinions  

Ssh 39 up for quick opinions   Ssh 39 up for quick opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ssh 39 up for quick opinions
    P
    Many

Hi, seems, that the shell was overpainted. I also have some doubts, that the liner is from the war time. It looks almost untouched. The white cord is very clean and the sweatband also has no signs of usage. All Ssh 39 helmets, which I have ever seen before, have an angled liner felt, not round. But Im not an expert, there are more knowledgable people in this forum, which will help you.

Quote by RKKAFan View Post
    Hi, seems, that the shell was overpainted. I also have some doubts, that the liner is from the war time. It looks almost untouched. The white cord is very clean and the sweatband also has no signs of usage. All Ssh 39 helmets, which I have ever seen before, have an angled liner felt, not round. But Im not an expert, there are more knowledgable people in this forum, which will help you.
    Nothing to worry about. Simply untouched or very slightly used Ssh 39 helmet ( seen other examples of same helmet in very similara or even better condition )

Here you have example from one of the dealers in much better condition :

Frontovik Soviet Militaria

Quote by Litzmannstadt View Post
    Nothing to worry about. Simply untouched or very slightly used Ssh 39 helmet ( seen other examples of same helmet in very similara or even better condition )

Here you have example from one of the dealers in much better condition :

Thank you for your feedback. Im just careful. In the past I found so many ingenious fakes on the market, that sometimes its a gambling to find an original one.

Bad people nowadays try to fake all the WW2 period helmets. With fake stamps, liners, overpaintings, fake stars, Czech helmets and so on.

I dont know why the Russian WW2 helmets are so rare, compared with the German or US WW2 helmets.

Dom
    ?

This is a good Ssh 39, in my opinion made by Red October Factory , not by LMZ .

Thanks for your replies! Has anyone seen another ssh39 or 40 with that sort of dark green paint? Best regards Ben

Quote by BBromberger View Post
    Thanks for your replies! Has anyone seen another ssh39 or 40 with that sort of dark green paint? Best regards Ben

This darker paint is typical for late war painted soviet helmets. So most probably this one was at some point repainted according later standarts.

Here is example of late war helmet ( from the same dealer as previous ) with such dark shade of green paint:

Hello

I would alos agree for the red october factory
    Good shot
    All the best

Bruno

I also agree this is a ZKO helmet. No telling when it was repainted though. Not a factory color in my opinion... at least as far as helmets are concerned. ZKO didn't repaint it. They switched to Ssh40 in 1942 without significant color change... then the factory was destroyed in the fighting. Very similar color to Polish or Czech helmets made post war. Possibly it was refurbished by such a nation??