Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ssh 40?

Article about: I bought this relic helmet this past weekend thinking it was a ww2 Ssh 40. I went mostly by the rivets and the 3 sections for the suspension. There's even some of the stamp left in the back,

Default Ssh 40?

I bought this relic helmet this past weekend thinking it was a ww2 Ssh 40. I went mostly by the rivets and the 3 sections for the suspension. There's even some of the stamp left in the back, but no stamped number visible. I have plans for this and a ww2 relic german helmet. After looking at more examples here, I'm confused by the suspension pieces. I haven't been able to find many pictures of the inside of any helmets with the padding removed. Are the hooks correct? I did see one picture of a Ssh 40 without out them and the pads wired to these pieces.

Thanks for your time and help

Paul

Ssh 40?Ssh 40?Ssh 40?Ssh 40?Ssh 40?Ssh 40?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ssh 40?
    P
    Many

Dom
    ?

The batch number is to the left of the stamp , can be distinguished 1.2 .
    Wartime relics to me , size 1 probably dated 44

At first glance I thought it was too rusted to see the numbers, I can see a 7 2 and something else that might be cyrilic, I'll try to find some chalk and see if that helps. It is pretty small, so 1 sounds right for a size. It's in nice shape for a relic, I have some wax I want to try as a preservative.

very nice war time Ssh 40 paul i have a similar example allthough the chinstrap bails were seized up solid ,thanks for showing Ssh 40?

Thanks James, it's amazing how much of the little details I can remember from this forum when I get to actually look at something in hand hehe

i does'nt matter mate ,as its great to see what youve picked up ,i suppose if we dont ask questions we might not intend to post up our purchases ,as for the liner bands i can confirm my examples are exactly the same ,how the pads terminate to the metal work is another question which i cant answer though .cheers james

Thank you James, I was wondering about those, I don't imagine it's something you really want to take off once it's on. I like sharing what I find, most of my family just looks at my stuff and then looks at me like I've got one more screw loose. I try to look things up on here, especially when I buy a one off, and then try to remember all that when I find it, and then ask here if I remembered correctly lol

good stuff pete your certainly not on your own with receiving strange looks ,my wife does some real good ones us blokes must be nuts collecting this stuff aye please post up your purchases mate ,its always great to have a butchers at what we all collect cheers james