Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ssh 40 relics

Article about: my latest soviet relics pair ,no liners present in both and no visible date stamps due to corrosion but good solid shells with some period paint visible

Default ssh 40 relics

my latest soviet relics pair ,no liners present in both and no visible date stamps due to corrosion but good solid shells with some period paint visible ssh 40 relicsssh 40 relicsssh 40 relicsssh 40 relicsssh 40 relicsssh 40 relics
    Regards James

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ssh 40 relics
    P
    Many

Default Re: ssh 40 relics

Very nice honest relics mate!.....

thanks gunny ,its funny but these soviet relics dont command as much money as german relics and dont get the credit they deserve yet i feel they are of equal importance and also a very pleasing on the eye design
    Regards James

?

Nice lids.
    Looks to be in okay condition.

Quote by col james View Post
    thanks gunny ,its funny but these soviet relics dont command as much money as german relics and dont get the credit they deserve yet i feel they are of equal importance and also a very pleasing on the eye design
    I happen to like the Russian lids just fine, but you are right. Collectors want German helmets over all others.

Id would have liked a relic USSR helmet. I found these heaped together in one hole. I was pretty happy, when during digging, they turned up. Sadly, they were all too far gone. Helmets were sorted after the battle and these were discarded and thrown in a heap, I guess.

Another helmet decorating a tree.

This one is for sale on a well known 'TREASURE' site. The ad says; "Helmet in fine condition. Tiny pinprick holes here and there. Hardly visible damage, that just adds to the character of this rare helmet. A fine helmet in mint condition, that would be the center piece of any helmet collection."

This is very true, but not being able to date them puts people off, they have an understandable doubt it could be a late 50s shell.

i agree gunny, i placed these two 40's against my post ww2 1948 dated 40 and the colour differance is very apparent ,i prefer the earlier shade of green
    Regards James

?

Very nice helmets. Thanks for sharing. I wpould like to have one of these one day.

scout they are more reasonable on the wallet than you think ,nice work by the way ,i wish i could dig for my own relics instead of digging into my pockets thanks for sharing your finds ,i like them even if not complete shells
    Regards James

i agree gunny, i placed these two 40's against my post ww2 1948 dated 40 and the colour differance is very apparent ,i prefer the earlier shade of green
    Yeah mate, that's very true if there's any paint left you can tell them apart.

?

scout they are more reasonable on the wallet than you think ,nice work by the way ,i wish i could dig for my own relics instead of digging into my pockets thanks for sharing your finds ,i like them even if not complete shells
    Yeah, they are not expensive and I could buy one - I just prefer finding it myself

There is a certain satisfaction in looking at a lid or other relic and know you found it yourself.

My first ever finds were these two Shturmovik shells in perfect condition and found next to each other not too deep. Im quite happy with those.

Ive found several lids, but all were too far gone.

Last edited by Scout; 01-25-2013 at 07:52 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast