Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SSh-40 Wartime or Postwar?

Article about: I was wondering what size this helmet is (I can't seem to see what size it is; if you can help that would be very appreciated), and also if it is postwar or not. I can see a stamp that says

Default SSh-40 Wartime or Postwar?

I was wondering what size this helmet is (I can't seem to see what size it is; if you can help that would be very appreciated), and also if it is postwar or not. I can see a stamp that says (I believe) 194? but I can't make out what the last digit of the year is. Thanks in advance for your help, it's very appreciated!

SSh-40 Wartime or Postwar?SSh-40 Wartime or Postwar?SSh-40 Wartime or Postwar?SSh-40 Wartime or Postwar?SSh-40 Wartime or Postwar?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SSh-40 Wartime or Postwar?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SSh-40 Wartime or Postwar?
    P
    Many

?

Postwar. 1 РОСТ corresponds to the size of the head in girth: 1st height - up to 55 cm. Most likely 1948.

Thanks!

Postwar LMZ helmet from 1948. The 8 is very often wiped away or 'altered' to make it look like a 3 and to make it look like wartime helmet, all to fool beginning collectors.

The LMZ stamp is very distinctive for wartime and postwar stamps.

Wartime:

Postwar (looks like spiderlegs):

?

I also see that the chinstrap is wider than the standard. Surely there are 22 mm. Not very common.

Dom
    ?

These stamps ( that Marcel shows ) are valid until 41 at LMZ (the last ones are not of the same manufacturer).

PapaStalin1943, there are very many threads on the Soviet helmets if you are looking for a little bit learn interesting things.

Quote by Dom View Post
    These stamps ( that Marcel shows ) are valid until 41 at LMZ (the last ones are not of the same manufacturer).
    You are right yes about the last helmets being a different maker, but the picture I took from the web had the images of the other helmets attached to the LMZ helmet (3 pictures as being 1 file/photo image). Don't have any programms on my new computer to change/cut photos. Not yet that is

Thanks for all the help, guys!