Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ssh36 I think!

Article about: Guys, I said I would keep my eyes pealed but I didn't think I would spot anything so soon. Its a little bit poorley with what could be battle damage and it has been badly rusted. It was in t

Default Ssh36 I think!

Guys,

I said I would keep my eyes pealed but I didn't think I would spot anything so soon.

Its a little bit poorley with what could be battle damage and it has been badly rusted. It was in the Verden area of Germany together with a similar condition Luftshutz helmet (Decal was bearly visible).

I thought I would take it despite the extorsionate price of 3 Bev (3 beer equivilant value)or 10Euro.

Someone has painted it black, I don't think that there is anything that can be done with it, so I will leave it be.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ssh36 I think!   Ssh36 I think!  

Ssh36 I think!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ssh36 I think!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ssh36 I think!

Hi Jock, your id of the helmet is correct. Well done on a nice buy!

Cheers, Ade.

?

If not painted in black, there would be some of original paint too. As you say it was found in France with other Luftschutz helmet, most probably that is also Luftschutz re-issue
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thanks Ade & Dimas,

I didn't have one and going by the information on the forum I am unlikely to come by one in good condition so I thought I better take it. I have some paint stripper I don't know whether to give it a go?

Rich

?

is an very beautiful helmet , I like this helmet model very much . is missing from my collection.

Zero,

It is in terrible condition, you would surely want one a bit better than this one.

Regards

Jock

even though its in terrible condition, its a piece of history, imagine what its been through........

?

very very beautiful ..........

i have a black one also with a red star..i got it from my old finnish girlfriend she said her father killed the russian that wore it.my question is in a winter war why black?