Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Ssh36 restored?

Article about: Hi everyone- So a fellow collector friend of mine has an Ssh 36 that he offered to sell to me for \\$150. The inner liner band and the chinstrap is an old repro am sure, butI am not so sure ab

Default Ssh36 restored?

Hi everyone- So a fellow collector friend of mine has an Ssh 36 that he offered to sell to me for $150. The inner liner band and the chinstrap is an old repro am sure, butI am not so sure about the star and the paint. He speculates it could've been used in the Spanish civil war, which is why that type of star is placed there, and also why there's 2 layers of paint (one seems to be a darker olive "Russian" green, and the other a lighter green apparently used by the Spaniards). So, my question is, what do you guys make of the paint and star, and do you think $150 is a good price for it? Thanks.

Ssh36 restored?Ssh36 restored?Ssh36 restored?Ssh36 restored?Ssh36 restored?Ssh36 restored?Ssh36 restored?Ssh36 restored?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ssh36 restored?
    P
    Many

Anyone?

Paint and star is not original

- - ------- - -

Inside helmet all is also new

By the link Also terrible helmet

Shell looks decently rust-free. That in itself is worth something to the right person. Unfortunately those weird rivets screw up even the shell, I'd at least like the rivets to be original.
    Kevin

I always learned the following: If the price is too good to be true, it usually is.

I don't like the star and the linerband looks like it is riveted with rivets not meant for helmets at all.

Papastalin,

Save your money for something else.

Do not rush in buying things like ssh36, these helmets are rare and require a lot of:1) time to study them; 2) time to earn the money, because money doesn't grow on trees and I would prefer to invest it for something really good, without compromises; 3) time to finding them, an original - in good condition and for a correct price - is hard to find. This point can be called also "luck factor" ;D

If I can give you my advice, without sounding paternalistic: start with simpler things, grow your experience gradually, don't burn too many stages. Then approach items like this, and eventually you will appreciate them even more.

Just the thoughts of a person who shares your same interest and has been studying the topic for 6 years, and still has to learn a lot.

Best regards
    Gabriele

P.s. I do not have an ssh36 yet
    Last edited by Gabriele; 02-13-2020 at 06:12 PM.

Good advice Gabriele!

This is normal Sch-36.
    First and second types...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ssh36 restored?   Ssh36 restored?