MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is this ssh39 helmet original and from wwii ?

Article about: Hello. For some time I'm trying to buy for my collection, one decent and original Soviet SSH39 helmet from WWII. I found one for sale on Ebay that ends tomorrow, to me all seems OK, the colo

Default Is this ssh39 helmet original and from wwii ?

Hello.
    For some time I'm trying to buy for my collection, one decent and original Soviet SSH39 helmet from WWII.
    I found one for sale on Ebay that ends tomorrow, to me all seems OK, the colour of the paint, the liner, the chinstrap, etc.
    But there are two things that leave me some concerns, the number "1097" that seems written by hand and not stamped, and also the stamp with the size and date seems a little suspicious to me, however it matches the ones used at the period and at others SSH39 helmets I have seen on the web.
    I must recognize that I'm not an expert on Soviet helmets, I have my doubts and would like to ask for the help of experts on Soviet helmets from the forum, maybe this is indeed 100% original and a good buy, it surely would help to complete my WWII Soviet helmet collection since I already have the SSH36 and the SSH40.
    I post some of the photos the seller has on the auction.
    Thanks in advance to all that may help me.
    Filipe

Is this ssh39 helmet original and from wwii ?Is this ssh39 helmet original and from wwii ?Is this ssh39 helmet original and from wwii ?Is this ssh39 helmet original and from wwii ?Is this ssh39 helmet original and from wwii ?
    Last edited by fct2006; 02-06-2016 at 12:56 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this ssh39 helmet original and from wwii ?
    P
    Many

Hello.
    No one gives an opinion ?
    It seems everybody wants this helmet and wants to keep secret about it ...... )
    Please someone give me an opinion about this.
    Thanks.

From other similar threads lately, lots of fake new stamps on old helmets, and these stamps look pretty fresh?

Hello Larboard.
    Thanks for your opinion and I think the same. For the helmets age the stamp looks pretty good and fresh.
    And since I know there are many fake out there, I really don't feel confortable to buy without some help and useful opinions like yours.
    Thanks again.

?

You may be better moving this to the Soviet section, it will get more attention. I don't know enough about the small details to comment.
    Steve.

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    You may be better moving this to the Soviet section, it will get more attention. I don't know enough about the small details to comment.
    Steve.
    Thanks Steve.
    I started this thread on the Soviet section, then moved it here but left a link at the previous section, I though this way I could reach more helmet collectors.
    Regards.
    Filipe

Dom
    ?

Good helmet, everything is in order .

Quote by Dom View Post
    Good helmet, everything is in order .
    Thank you Dom.
    I decided to take the risk and bought the helmet, it seems now I'm the lucky owner of an original SSH39.
    It will be great to display it together with the SSH36 and SSH40 helmets I already own.

Very nice one indeed
    Bruno

Quote by bourguignotte View Post
    Very nice one indeed
    Bruno

Hello Bruno.
    Thank you for the comment.
    I already received the helmet and it's great, for what I could see it's 100% original, I don't have doubts anymore.
    The seller is from Finland and I asked if this helmet was bought by him at a store or from a private collector, he answered that this helmet is with his family for many years.
    He couldn't tell exactly if it came from his grandfather or father, but in the 70's he used to play wars at home using this helmet.
    My personal opinion is that it may be from the Winter War of Russia againts Finland.
    I'm very happy with this one, another great helmet for my collection.
    Thanks to all that made comments.
    Filipe

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast