Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ssh40 Helmet WWII or Post War?

Article about: Hello I need to know what kind of helmet this is. I am thinking it is a soviet Ssh40 from around the WWII era. There are several marking inside the helmet. First there is a number engraved i

?

Default Ssh40 Helmet WWII or Post War?

Hello
    I need to know what kind of helmet this is. I am thinking it is a soviet Ssh40 from around the WWII era. There are several marking inside the helmet. First there is a number engraved inside near the back it is 1--1852. Then right by that number there is a number that is stamped on, it is 975. Near the side of the helmet there is a faint stamp of a star. Laslty near the crown of the helmet there is a stamp K-7. I would really like to know exact year it is. Or if somone just knows if its WWII era or post war. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank-you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ssh40 Helmet WWII or Post War?   Ssh40 Helmet WWII or Post War?  

Ssh40 Helmet WWII or Post War?   Ssh40 Helmet WWII or Post War?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ssh40 Helmet WWII or Post War?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ssh40 Helmet WWII or Post War?

Camry,

Welcome to the forum. I am not an expert on soviet helmets, but by your description and the photos supplied, you seem to have a size 1 (small) M-40 helmet from 1952. The first number of the stamp you describe is the size (1 to 3) and the other number is the date, which is 1952 (not 1852). The other cyphers are manufacture control numbers.

Regards,

Gus

?

Thank-you guscanoesp for the reply but that number that is engraved inside the helmet is defintly 1--1852.

Quote by camry View Post
    Thank-you guscanoesp for the reply but that number that is engraved inside the helmet is defintly 1--1852.

Camry,

Sorry, I thought the number was ink stamped.

The engraved number, in any case, has two parts. The first denotes the size, and the second is a factory production number.

As for the era, I think it is a post war specimen. Let´s see what the experts of the forum tell you.

Regards,

Gus

hello camry,

I have a Ssh40 like yours that has the numbers: 1--3014 stamped into the metal inside the rear of the shell

the 1 is the shell size [small] and the numbers are probably the heat stamp or batch number? I dont think it's the year? at least mine cant be the year

I measured the shell of the 1 marked shell with another Ssh40 marked P 2 [medium] and the number 1 marked shell was a little smaller.

my helmet also has a number 53 ink stamp, I think it's a 1953 dated shell

Dom
    ?

Hi camry,
    Unfortunately, the stamp with the manufacturer and the date are illegible but the helmet is post-war.
    Cheers