Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Steel helmet Ssch 39 and 40 Batch/size font

Article about: Here I will try to classified the helmet stampings So beginning from SSch 39, dated 1939 year, and the same factory extremelly rare Ssch-40 from the same maker dated 1941 year. Nice and big

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Steel helmet Ssch 39 and 40 Batch/size font
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Steel helmet Ssch 39 and 40 Batch/size font

Even the showed stuff is 50's=60's, the prices is well fair for that items
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Sportsmansguide.com and most likely: Cheaperthandirt.com
    something like $25.00 plus shipping. On ebay, numerous apparent vg to unissued 1950s CT Factory stamps with star 46, 47 refurb dates in the star. At least that is always what I thought the star with number inside represented, date of upgrade or refurb.

Mark,

The refurbish date explaination was put forth by Bob Clawson in his book. However, I think he only looked at a small number of helmets to come to that conclusion. I think it can be demonstrated that helmets exist that the number inside the star stamp is lower than the actual manufactur date. This sort of shoots a hole in that theory.

?

Actually, that is not a refurbishing stamp, it's a depot approval stamp, and the digit inside is a depot number
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I wondered about that as well, with 50s dated helmets and the lower numbers in star. It's that obvious logic thing again. So, the number in the star designates the Depot to which it was received or distributed?

Is there enough new info for someone to take on the enormous task of writing a new book or putting it up on a web site? The relaese of all the post war helmets 40, 60, 68s offers an opprotunity to see alot of them in person or via digital photo submittals.

I just bought an LMZ 1950 dated M40 on E-bay for $55.00 shipped. The seller has 99.7 % feedback and assured me I will get the same one as in the photo mit condition. We will see!

Lets face it, would be a good example and it's 60 years old, better than taking a chance with Sportsmansguide. I always check for Russian helmets on ebay.

For example, check out the listing I purchased: Item:110496079824

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2