Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Steel helmet Ssch 39 and 40 Batch/size font

Article about: Here I will try to classified the helmet stampings So beginning from SSch 39, dated 1939 year, and the same factory extremelly rare Ssch-40 from the same maker dated 1941 year. Nice and big

?

Default Steel helmet Ssch 39 and 40 Batch/size font

Here I will try to classified the helmet stampings
    So beginning from SSch 39, dated 1939 year, and the same factory extremelly rare Ssch-40 from the same maker dated 1941 year. Nice and big size font stampings as the size/batch nr
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Steel helmet Ssch 39 and 40 Batch/size font   Steel helmet Ssch 39 and 40 Batch/size font  

Steel helmet Ssch 39 and 40 Batch/size font  
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Steel helmet Ssch 39 and 40 Batch/size font
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Steel helmet Ssch 39 and 40 Batch/size font

Here is simple L 44 and LMZ 45 helmets ( note 45 has olive drab chinstrap). The fonts are near the similar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Steel helmet Ssch 39 and 40 Batch/size font   Steel helmet Ssch 39 and 40 Batch/size font  

Steel helmet Ssch 39 and 40 Batch/size font   Steel helmet Ssch 39 and 40 Batch/size font  

Steel helmet Ssch 39 and 40 Batch/size font   Steel helmet Ssch 39 and 40 Batch/size font  

Regards,
    Dimas

?

Now is one of the LMZ "spider" 48 dated, still with early font type

Regards,
    Dimas

?

Now is 55, 57, and 58 year 2 of CT factory one 58 from LMZ
    Note- the font shape!

Regards,
    Dimas

Hello Dimas! great pics. I will use for future reference. I found 2 SSch36 helmets I can get. If I got one of those types, I would not have to do so much research!! : )

What do you say, If I got a SSch36, would I have a WWII Soviet helmet? Both have been painted the standard WW2 green, and are not black anymore. I will post a few pics of them to see what you think.

One is complete, and one is missing the liner, but has the straps. The paint on both is excellent. They are not cheap though!

Regards, Steve

Dimas,

Thank you for the further clarification. I concede that I think you are on to something here. This also reinforces my desire to start taking a harder look at early post war era material. I need to get a good post war CT and LMZ in my collection for reference such as this.

Mike

?

I need to get a good post war CT and LMZ in my collection for reference such as this.
    I think it's not a big problem, watch e-bay. Or if I'll find some I'll tell you know
    Regards,
    Dimas

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I think it's not a big problem, watch e-bay. Or if I'll find some I'll tell you know
    Yes, not a big problem and something I just need to do. I've just never put money into postwar items simply for reference... at least not willingly

... Per your 1945 helmet, I have a 1950 "training" helmet with the same olive chinstrap

Just a heads up, one of the larger online surplus places in the US seem to be selling ssch40 helmets. THey are calling them WWII issue but they are not, they are definitly post war in the mid 50s range but the price is acceptable. The one I saw ordered by somebody else shows a lightly used example. THey are also selling other kit as 'WW2' vintage and it also is not. Price is still okay though.

Have a URL for "they"

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast