Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

tank helmet goggle pickup

Article about: picked up these period soviet goggles for my tank helmet not sure of manufacture date but would say 1970's onwards made of a rubber outer and blue felt inner

?

Default Re: tank helmet goggle pickup

Quote by col james View Post
    joe ,your very lucky man to have an example of the ww2 period type tanker helmet its amazing how the design never really changed a great deal in the post war years ,also the soviet helmets ssh 39 through to the ssh 68 had similarities ,i guess if it aint broke dont fix it
    Correct The Russian Army rarely changes something that works well. Their AK mag pouches have not changed since they started to use the AK. Same canvas pouch made of the same canvas more or less than the WW2 pouches and bags

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by col james View Post
    i agree dan they are a very similar design to mine ,are yours mid hinged on the frame ,here's some closer detailAttachment 488406Attachment 488405
    Mine are the same as yours James but with a black elastic and a dark olive rubber / grey felt backing.
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

ive removed the badge with no lasting damage so thanks rene' and here on display.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	016.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	254.4 KB 
ID:	488468Click image for larger version. 

Name:	015.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	254.7 KB 
ID:	488467

Thanks for the kind words, folks! My tanker helmet is dated 1941... If only it could talk!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12