Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Tankist/VDV Helmet?

Article about: I posted this hat question on my earlier gimnasterka and telogreika question thread I had posted but after the post was several days old and probably a lot of viewers didn't know I added it

?

Up again in hope someone might be able to I'd or add some other thoughts on this helmet. If nothing else it's at least a good mystery/conversational item, Ray
    Last edited by RayG; 11-08-2016 at 01:32 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tankist/VDV Helmet?
    P
    Many

?

Well up again! Maybe some one will know some thing about it, Ray

I received the thread notification and thought perhaps there was some closure on this one ,i see no harm in bumping the thread along Ray ,maybe one day we will get to the bottom of this interesting piece in your collection
    Last edited by James C; 03-02-2024 at 08:27 PM.

?

I keep trying James. I just know some one out there will/may know something about it. The construction and material, except for the missing lining, ear holes and buckles, it's the same as a normal helmet but the question is, why is it different? Ray
    Last edited by RayG; 05-20-2017 at 10:14 PM.

Good for you Ray and why not ,i myself have not unearthed any more information regarding this one I'm afraid but will stay tuned just in case

Hello Ray just a little contribution to your thread ...Here is an issued canvas tank helmet i recently picked up of which i still need to fully research myself but would believe to be post ww2 and perhaps belonging to one of the former Warsaw pact satellite statesTankist/VDV Helmet?Tankist/VDV Helmet?Tankist/VDV Helmet?

?

James, nice find. It seems, at least to me, that trying to figure out if one of these helmets is post war or war time could be difficult as the patterns seem to be basically same for years. At least for my limited knowledge. Why do you think it's possibly post war?
    Keep looking for one with no lining and no ear mike holes and has fiber buckles, Lol, Ray

Thanks Ray and very true words ,This one seems to be a close copy or variation of the soviet ww11 tank helmet but lacking the rear neck flap and having the two chinstraps ,unfortunately there are no date stamps present only the owners initials on the brow pad bumper and inside one of the ear flap sections so i can't be certain to the when it saw use and there seems to be no other reference to a similar design on my web searches so far
    And yes you have a very unique example indeed the good thing is the thread has had a little nudge again
    Thanks for your time
    Regards James

Ray after doing a search on this very forum i have found a very similar example to mine allthough i still know very little about them ,i messaged the previous owner and he said he was unsure but stated it was an earlier model ,period unknown ,his description of the helmet mentioned the T34 soviet army II ww tank helmet ? please help

?

Up again, fun thread. Just wish someone had run across one like it before to help identify it. I've run out of ideas. Ray

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast