Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

True or not about the Ushanka need help.

Article about: Well I bought this Ushanka from a person, it said authentic Russian Ushanka, then I asked him if it was legit, he said it was a Bulgarian one, but it was used during world war 2. Should I be

Default True or not about the Ushanka need help.

Well I bought this Ushanka from a person, it said authentic Russian Ushanka, then I asked him if it was legit, he said it was a Bulgarian one, but it was used during world war 2. Should I believe it or not, please help.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement True or not about the Ushanka need help.
    P
    Many

My understanding is the Bulgarian ones were made in the 50s...you need to post pictures

I thought the ushanka was only introduced to the Bulgarian military during the 1950s!...True or not about the Ushanka need help.
    WW2 Bulgarian winter hats looked very similar to this!...

Well I told him that they were made in the 50's but he has not replied back, also here is a picture of what it looked like on the images.
    http://www.soviet-power.com/pictures/UshHatNew.jpg

But I did not get it from soviet power his picture just looks like the soviet power one.

You need to show images of the actual cap, not one that looks the same, as the subtle differences might escape you but not someone here.

Jeez, I'll post a picture of a friends cat and ask whether my cat is pure siamese for fecks sake
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Bulgarian made Ushankas are post war.

But they are very close in look to a wartime Soviet one. If you want it for living history, they are an excellent choice. I use one for that myself.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Well I just bought it and he is shipping it, and that's what his picture looks like.

I would just like to know if it was used in world war 2 since he said so.

No. They are post war.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Well does anyone know where I can get a real soviet ushanka? And the Bulgarian one, did soviets also use that when they did not have there ushanka?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast