Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

War time ushanka?

Article about: Hi. The outer fabric looks like same like my 1940-dated piece. There's a clear trace it had a big star. Moscow maker stamp inside. Pictures turned out crap again, sorry for that. Regards K.

?

Default War time ushanka?

Hi.

The outer fabric looks like same like my 1940-dated piece.
    There's a clear trace it had a big star. Moscow maker stamp inside.
    Pictures turned out crap again, sorry for that.

Regards
    K.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War time ushanka?   War time ushanka?  

War time ushanka?   War time ushanka?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement War time ushanka?
    P
    Many

Due to the material and the markings, I would say its a wartime piece. Am I blind, or is it a "40" in the diamond stamp? But unfortunately the condition is....

?

Hi.
    It does look like 40 in the upper right area of the stamp. I did not notice it before. I will wash it again and try to get some better pictures. It would look okay when displayed flaps down. The moth damage is not visible then.
    Regards
    K.

But please do not clean the stamp areas. These old stamps are very sensitive and you will destroy them. You can work carefully with a very soft brush. Have seen a lot of guys, who destroyed a piece with an unprofessional restoration.

I agree, Everything matches up to a wartime era ushanka.
    Correct sewing pattern on the crown, Brushed cotton flannel body, typical ww2 "fish fur"
    Good one !

?

Hi.
    Thanks for the replies. I have not had time to clean it more but I will be careful.

Just got another one.
    WWII Navy or post war? Can't read all number on a stamp. Upper left looks like 6 or 81, upper right is 9 something and 2. Lower left looks like it could be a 4 and 3 follows and then on the right it is 1. Stamp is/was a thick white paint. Tie cord is same color and material that I have on one of my 1940 dated piece. First time I have a black ushanka.
    Clear trace of a big star. It has a size adjusted a bit smaller, by running a pulled thread along the edge on the lining.
    Regards
    K.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War time ushanka?   War time ushanka?  

War time ushanka?  

I think the second one has a good chance at being wartime as well, It again has the standard wartime pattern on the crown consisting of 4 sets of 3 parallel stitch lines forming a diamond shape in the center. Ofcourse it shows obvious signs of period vintage too. With out a clear dated stamp its impossible to say 100%, but in my opinion it is of the era. Always a chance of it being early post war.
    Pobably Navy or similiar issue.

?

Hi.
    I soaked it in a water for a few days.
    It looks like the lower left numbers are 40. ?

War time ushanka?  

?

I don't understand why you'd want to soak it in water...