Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Winter covers for Soviet helmets ssh-36/39/40

Article about: Materials: white unbleached calico and white diagonal (two types of tissue including one). The dome is formed of 8 petals sewn together. The same cut at all, without exception, the two prono

Default Winter covers for Soviet helmets ssh-36/39/40

Materials: white unbleached calico and white diagonal (two types of tissue including one). The dome is formed of 8 petals sewn together. The same cut at all, without exception, the two pronounced Rostovka and several types of laces. Most of the covers without laces, although they are channels for their insertion and includes without any problems. Almost all cases strongly sat down on the time and probably not very good storage conditions. Stamp on covers not (and should not) analogues covers data on the network is not found ...

Covers were found in Estonia, where two years ago the Estonian defense forces Kaiseliit cleaned their warehouses. It may seem strange that they do not pay due attention, but archival photographs with them were found recently.

I'm 95% sure that they are Soviet, but if you have a different opinion, you can prove it - do not be silent.

Winter covers for Soviet helmets ssh-36/39/40Winter covers for Soviet helmets ssh-36/39/40Winter covers for Soviet helmets ssh-36/39/40Winter covers for Soviet helmets ssh-36/39/40Winter covers for Soviet helmets ssh-36/39/40Winter covers for Soviet helmets ssh-36/39/40

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Winter covers for Soviet helmets ssh-36/39/40
    P
    Many

Archive photos, the Leningrad Front, 1943-1944
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Winter covers for Soviet helmets ssh-36/39/40   Winter covers for Soviet helmets ssh-36/39/40  

Attached Images Attached Images Winter covers for Soviet helmets ssh-36/39/40 

?

Wish I had one. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Any for sale ?
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

There is not much documentation on this type of helmet cover but it looks like the model presented in the last book devoted to Soviet helmets.

I too would love one of these "Covers"..

I would be aslo very happy to have one in my collection

So, if I understand correctly:
    1) They are all the same size, but they will fit both ssh-36 and ss-39/40.
    2) They are not date marked in any way.

That being said, I guess there's really no way to know if they were made in 1936 or 1967, right?

Would love to be wrong and still want one if they are for sale, though.

Kevin

They appear to have retained their whiteness very well..........

Quote by pupapup View Post
    So, if I understand correctly:
    1) They are all the same size, but they will fit both ssh-36 and ss-39/40.
    2) They are not date marked in any way.

That being said, I guess there's really no way to know if they were made in 1936 or 1967, right?

Would love to be wrong and still want one if they are for sale, though.

Kevin
    Yes, and they have no date stamp, and should not be. Even so - any Soviet cover together with the stamp on him is a fake. While I have not seen any post-war photos with similar covers, only the war and mainly from Leningrad Front 1943-44.

Covers have 2 size. The material covers a natural origin (cotton), so they sat down heavily (assuming that up to 15-20%), shoelaces some do not even move.
    Approximately 80% of covers is one size (small), the other 2 size (large), which roughly corresponds to the percentage of growth of the Soviet helmets.

The personal message came many messages offering to buy, everyone said. The big covers I only have 3 pieces.

Small covers sits on a helmet (size 1-2, ssh-40, ssh-36) like this:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Winter covers for Soviet helmets ssh-36/39/40   Winter covers for Soviet helmets ssh-36/39/40  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast