Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 Original Russian helmet SSH-40 with some post war paints ?

Article about: by kevin710 Hi Paul Thanks for your valuable info. I just fund one picture showed that there was spidermarker on a1943 issued SSH40. Not sure if it's real or not. If it's real, does it mean

Default WW2 Original Russian helmet SSH-40 with some post war paints ?

Hi
    This helmet should be the vintage wwii era SSH40. However there are some white paint (letters?) on it. Not sure if they are post war added or original. Should I try to clean these white paint?
    Please advise thanks.
    WW2 Original Russian helmet SSH-40 with some post war paints ?WW2 Original Russian helmet SSH-40 with some post war paints ?WW2 Original Russian helmet SSH-40 with some post war paints ?WW2 Original Russian helmet SSH-40 with some post war paints ?WW2 Original Russian helmet SSH-40 with some post war paints ?WW2 Original Russian helmet SSH-40 with some post war paints ?WW2 Original Russian helmet SSH-40 with some post war paints ?WW2 Original Russian helmet SSH-40 with some post war paints ?WW2 Original Russian helmet SSH-40 with some post war paints ?WW2 Original Russian helmet SSH-40 with some post war paints ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Original Russian helmet SSH-40 with some post war paints ?
    P
    Many

Dom
    ?

Hi

this helmet is postwar, spidermarking .

Hi Dom
    Thanks for your comment. Could you please let me know what do you mean spidermarking?
    I thought the post war helmets all have the stitched chinstraps not the rivets on it.

See here. Look how the date has been scrubbed out.

This makers mark was only used postwar.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Original Russian helmet SSH-40 with some post war paints ?   WW2 Original Russian helmet SSH-40 with some post war paints ?  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by kevin710 View Post
    Hi Dom
    Thanks for your comment. Could you please let me know what do you mean spidermarking?
    I thought the post war helmets all have the stitched chinstraps not the rivets on it.
    Only stitched after 1953 i think!...

Indeed, my '48 dated example show in the pic I posted is rivitted.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade
    Nice to see you again. Thanks for your inspiration. So do you think this one worth $100?
    Should I keep its recent condition or remove the white paints? thanks.

Paul: So this helmet should be made during 1945 to 1953 since it has spidermark but with old rivets style chinstrap right? thanks.

Quote by kevin710 View Post
    Hi Ade
    Nice to see you again. Thanks for your inspiration. So do you think this one worth $100?
    Should I keep its recent condition or remove the white paints? thanks.
    If it were my helmet i'd leave the paint alone as i think it adds to the character of the helmet, as for the price you should be able to pick up an early post war Ssh 40 for about $60-$70!..

Hi Paul
    Thanks for your valuable info. I just fund one picture showed that there was spidermarker on a1943 issued SSH40. Not sure if it's real or not. If it's real, does it mean it's possible to see the same marker on the wwii era helmet?
    WW2 Original Russian helmet SSH-40 with some post war paints ?

This is the common fakers trick: they rub out half of the 8 to make a 3....

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast