Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII SSh-40 helmet

Article about: Ok, I'd like to know if there is a real way to differentiate WWII Ssh-40 helmets with early post-war SSh-40 helmets. Beside the stamps which are absent, do you think there is a way to know i

Ost-Berlin
    ?

Default WWII SSh-40 helmet

Ok, I'd like to know if there is a real way to differentiate WWII Ssh-40 helmets with early post-war SSh-40 helmets. Beside the stamps which are absent, do you think there is a way to know if this helmet is WWII period? I always believed it's a WWII issued helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII SSh-40 helmet   WWII SSh-40 helmet  

WWII SSh-40 helmet   WWII SSh-40 helmet  

WWII SSh-40 helmet   WWII SSh-40 helmet  

2. # ADS

Default Re: WWII SSh-40 helmet

Sorry, post war helmet

Marc

?

Only stamping, color, some details in chinstrap, is difference
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Ost-Berlin
    ?

So how this one could be classified as typical post-war helmet? Is the chinstrap or the color wrong? Thanks for your help.

The glossy shiney material used for the liner pads I think is also a giveaway for post war production.

Cheers, Ade.

The metal tipped chinstrap by my observations is an Ssh-39 (possibly only LMZ and not ZKO) feature and a Postwar Ssh-40 feature. While I will not say "never", I have yet to see an Ssh-40 with positive wartime ID to have a metal termination on the chinstrap.

I would love to be proven wrong here to gain more insight. Just don't offer any "43" dated LMZ "spiders" as proof

Mike