Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1937 Heers belt and buckle

Article about: I've never bought a buckle and was not sure if i really ever wanted one, but this one spoke to me. It is in the mail and i should have it in hand on Monday. It was purchased from the son of

Default 1937 Heers belt and buckle

I've never bought a buckle and was not sure if i really ever wanted one, but this one spoke to me. It is in the mail and i should have it in hand on Monday. It was purchased from the son of the vet who took it off the soldier. there was a matching bayonet but a friend wanted it. the sad thing was there was a luger that was taken from the german soldier that was on the belt at one time but it was sold long ago. i am not sure of the maker mark will i will post better pictures on Monday. marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1937 Heers belt and buckle   1937 Heers belt and buckle  

1937 Heers belt and buckle   1937 Heers belt and buckle  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1937 Heers belt and buckle
    P
    Many

?

Gebruder Kugel & Fink... There may be maker markings under the prong bar.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Possibly like this... Click on photo for a better view.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1937 Heers belt and buckle  

?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    I've never bought a buckle and was not sure if i really ever wanted one, but this one spoke to me. It is in the mail and i should have it in hand on Monday. It was purchased from the son of the vet who took it off the soldier. there was a matching bayonet but a friend wanted it. the sad thing was there was a luger that was taken from the german soldier that was on the belt at one time but it was sold long ago. i am not sure of the maker mark will i will post better pictures on Monday. marty
    Also... Remember... Buy the item... Not the story.. Just my two cents... I look forward as probably others do to see the outcome.. Please keep us posted.. G

Thank you the for the response. I am looking forward to having it in hand. I will post pictures of the maker when I have it in hand. I really like combat/battle worn pieces in my collection, to me they tell more of a story.

?

IMO you are correct.. I also like from time to time a great unissued piece as well... Nice buckle !! G

?

TD... Did you try the search feature here on Heer Makers ?? A very great thread... And informative... G

I have not had a chance to look but it will be on the top of the list as I start this journey to learn more about buckles. Marty

That in my eyes is actually a very nice set, buckle made by Gbr Kugel & Fink, it has the year under the makers mark on the buckle, that is actually pretty unique. The belt could have been issued with the belt and could have been together all this time, very nice find IMO
    Ben

Ben, thanks for the approval. As stated before I do not collect buckles, but this set being an early set and possibly the belt being an 1937, I had to buy it. The bayonet and scabbard that was on the belt was a matching number set. Is it an officers or enlisted soldiers buckle or is there a difference?
    Marty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast