Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1939 Heer by Adolf Baumeister

Article about: Hi guys, just had a delivery, I have been waiting for this to arrive for a long time, it is now here. It is a Heer buckle by Adolf Baumeister, again I picked it up cheap due to the condition

Default 1939 Heer by Adolf Baumeister

Hi guys, just had a delivery, I have been waiting for this to arrive for a long time, it is now here. It is a Heer buckle by Adolf Baumeister, again I picked it up cheap due to the condition. the problem is with makers like this they are so rare they hardly ever come up for sale so you have to but them when you can. this was probably ground dug but it is another maker that I did not have into the Heer collective
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Heer by Adolf Baumeister   1939 Heer by Adolf Baumeister  

1939 Heer by Adolf Baumeister   1939 Heer by Adolf Baumeister  

Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Heer by Adolf Baumeister
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 1939 Heer by Adolf Baumeister

Yes, this one is Battlefield found (battlefield found due of used condition)

Yes Dimas, it is but like I said, a very hard maker to find, they are quite rare
    Ben

?

Quote by regiment739 View Post
    Yes Dimas, it is but like I said, a very hard maker to find, they are quite rare
    It's not a problem, this is real buckle which came trough the war with it's owh character!
    i like the seen battle items

So do I Dimas, mint buckles are nice but buckles like these have been there and done something
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Heer by Adolf Baumeister   1939 Heer by Adolf Baumeister  

Ben

?

Quote by regiment739 View Post
    So do I Dimas, mint buckles are nice but buckles like these have been there and done something
    But they are nice!

Of course Dimas, all buckles are nice to me
    Ben

Super buckles you show Ben!

I have noticed that collecting these buckles (tabs and no tabs) is probably a full-time facet of the hobby. The same as Iron Crosses and the like. It seems that there are so many makers and variations.

I collect strictly Soviet items, but German buckles have always aroused my curiousity.

Would it be too time consuming for you to create a small database here? Such as materials, makers, variations, etc. ? Maybe start with Army? Luftwaffe is interesting also.

SS and others can be later...

What do you think?

I feel it would attract other collectors to the forum.

Regards,
    Richie C

Hi Ritchie, anything is possible, it would depend on what formatt you want it in, there are 120 M4 makers alone, and also lots of sub contractors. I could start a M4 list on a fixed/pinned thread that other members could add to, even have a mixture of Heer and Luftewaffe or we could give each arm its own thread, let me know your thoughts and I will experiment with a few things
    Ben

Ben,

Pardon me for my lateness...

Great job so far with the "M4" thread. Beautiful buckles also...

I know little to nothing about these, so I will not be bashful to ask; What does M4 signify?

What I was thinking of was a general thread about materials, colors, and designs of buckles that were used by all the different services/organisations over the course of 1933-1945.

For example - A thread about Army buckes in chronological order, another thread about Luftwaffe buckes in chronological order, and yet another thread about SS buckes in chronological order, and so on & so on, and so on...

I would love to learn more...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast