Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1941 German Gott Mit Uns Belt Buckle

Article about: I went to a yard sale and I came across this belt buckle and bought it. I was wondering what you guys could tell me about it, it says 1941 on the leather part attached to the buckle. How muc

chaduro
    ?

Lightbulb 1941 German Gott Mit Uns Belt Buckle

I went to a yard sale and I came across this belt buckle and bought it. I was wondering what you guys could tell me about it, it says 1941 on the leather part attached to the buckle. How much is something like this worth? I am interested in hearing what this one could have been used for and why. Thanks!

2. # ADS

Default Re: 1941 German Gott Mit Uns Belt Buckle

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

It is a basic steel Heer (army) enlistedman's combat buckle. These are heavily faked but this one looks fine to my slightly trained eyes. Value is whatever you can get for it, maybe $100-$120?

Ben Evans would be my go-to guy for this, he should be along soon to help you.

Hello and welcome You have a Heer buckle by the maker Matthias Salcher & Söhne, Wagstadt, they were given the M4 code of M4/87. If you look to the rear by the catch you should find a bell shaped maker mark with the letter MSS and the year of manufacture. Have a look in the M4 makers thread and you will find one in there for example. Also have a read of this thread and it will give you a good explanation of buckles and leather support tabs etc. As to value you can expect to pay $80-120 for a buckle in this condition depending whether buying from dealer or not

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...ls-fakes-5102/
    Ben

Hello,
    Could you please give me some info on these two buckles please? The one with the swastika is marked 1941 on the leather and W.A 41 on the back. Made by W Arid? Do they have much value? Thank you!
    Last edited by Shaneyk8; 04-25-2013 at 04:34 AM.

jwp
    ?

hi, I have a complete belt with buckle like this one, the leather tab seems to have no markings, this will be a genuine article as it was brought back by my father, a ww2 veteran, on the back of the buckle is a capital K small d (maybe an o ?) capital Q, on the opposite side is the number 37, could anyone tell me anymore about this ? , will post some pics when cam batterys are fully charged,
    kind regards,
    john.

ps: just too add it has the letters PM ? inside a diamond shape on the hook at the other end of the belt.

Hi guys, can you post pics of the buckles please?

Cheers
    Ben

jwp
    ?

have tried some pics, but sorry not a sophisticated camera and the natural light is fading !, by the way there is a very faint oval mark on tab, not able to read round edge but central number is either 4937 or 1937.1941 German Gott Mit Uns Belt Buckle1941 German Gott Mit Uns Belt Buckle1941 German Gott Mit Uns Belt Buckle

The buckle is original by the maker Kleine & Quenzer, Idar Oberstein the the symbol on the hook is the maker of the steel hook on the belt
    Ben

jwp
    ?

many thanks ben, does 37 indicate the year of manufacture ?, thanks for your help, much appreciated, john.

Yes mate, sorry I thought I had wrote that down, yes its the year, here an example for comparison
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1941 German Gott Mit Uns Belt Buckle   1941 German Gott Mit Uns Belt Buckle  

1941 German Gott Mit Uns Belt Buckle   1941 German Gott Mit Uns Belt Buckle  

1941 German Gott Mit Uns Belt Buckle  
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast