Become our sponsor and display your banner here

2-Piece Wehrmacht-Heer Buckle: Opinions Please

Article about: Hey, guys. I saw this buckle today and was curious to know people's thoughts on it. It would appear to me to be original and to have characteristics shared by a two-piece bare aluminum heer

Default 2-Piece Wehrmacht-Heer Buckle: Opinions Please

Hey, guys. I saw this buckle today and was curious to know people's thoughts on it. It would appear to me to be original and to have characteristics shared by a two-piece bare aluminum heer that I have by Overhoff (marked OLC). The seller has this advertised as Kriegsmarine which I seriously doubt. The finish is also described as gold but it appears more tan to my eyes and from these photos. I have never seen a finish like this on this type of buckle.

Any thoughts on this one would be greatly appreciated

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pix873624462.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	161533   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pix986382774.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	161534  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: 2-Piece Wehrmacht-Heer Buckle: Opinions Please

Could be a tropical finish?

Adam, buckle is original enough, could it be zinc rather than aluminium? The paint has not been factory applied, not on a two piece buckle and whether period or not (the paint) who knows!
    Ben

?

Adam, I would say it is just a Heer parade buckle, probably made of zinc in a half-decent condition.

Imaginable also that the original silvering yellowed within all the years into this ivory like colour.

Pebbled parade buckles for the Kriegsmarine are not confirmed!

Best,
    Guido

Thanks for the replies, guys. Yes, Ben...I forgot to mention that it does indeed appear to me to be zinc. I thought this was interesting as the only other ones I have seen as of yet with this construction are aluminum like my OLC/Overhoff. Is this less common?

Best,
    Adam

Thanks, Guido. That sounds plausible about the age discoloration of the silvering. While not confirmed, I'm curious...are pebbled aluminum Kriegsmarine buckles totally unheard of?

Best,
    Adam

Adam, like the other buckles I would pressume that these zinc ones were of late war produce, I have examples of more which I will post later or tomorrow, I am at work at moment and off to the wifes comapany Xmas doo tonight, free beer all night yippee? That with me is like leaving a shark in charge of the swinmming pool!
    Ben

Lol... have one for me! Thanks, Ben. Images of your buckles would be cool to see.