Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Aluminium denazified Heer buckle - maker?

Article about: Hello there. I am newly registered on this forum (although I have visited many times). And this is my first post. I recently purchased this aluminium Heer buckle. I don't mind the fact someo

Default Aluminium denazified Heer buckle - maker?

Hello there.

I am newly registered on this forum (although I have visited many times). And this is my first post.

I recently purchased this aluminium Heer buckle.

Aluminium denazified Heer buckle - maker? Aluminium denazified Heer buckle - maker?Aluminium denazified Heer buckle - maker?Aluminium denazified Heer buckle - maker?

I don't mind the fact someone has taken a hammer to the central device - I'm only starting out collecting buckles and it was cheap. So far I've mainly bought relic buckles in an effort to get some hands on experience with buckles and (hopefully) to avoid buying fakes (which seems a real risk!).

Anyway, does it look like a genuine buckle to the experts on this forum?

And who is the maker?

There is a raised lozenge under the roller bar with a symbol inside which looks to me like the Richard Seiper mark. But there is no R.S.S. near the catch (or anywhere else for that matter).

What do you think?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Aluminium denazified Heer buckle - maker?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Aluminium denazified Heer buckle - maker?

Welcome to the forum!

I think you are perfectly right by starting as a collector with clear target. It is indeed a safe way to get experience by handling original buckles and denazified ones are still available at reasonable prices.

The shown Heer buckle is original and the maker is Wilhelm Binder of Schwäbisch Gmünd.
    We had recently a simliar question here on the forum, please look here:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...-needed-40341/

The mentioned Sieper makers mark is indeed quite similar but the main difference is that you can read the stylized letters "RSL" in the centre of the diamond wich is standing for Richard Sieper of Lüdenscheid.

Best,
    Guido

Thanks Guido for your very helpful reply.

All good news from my point of view. This buckle can act as a reference point against which I can compare others in the future.

I see what you mean about the maker's marks. I've scouted round the forum and here are the Seiper and Binder marks, with the mark from my buckle in the middle.

Aluminium denazified Heer buckle - maker?Aluminium denazified Heer buckle - maker?Aluminium denazified Heer buckle - maker?

I haven't got the images the same size but comparing them side-by-side my mark certainly looks most like the Binder mark.

Thanks again for your help.

Your buckle is indeed by Binder
    Ben

Cheers Ben.

I've now found the Binder buckle you posted on the non-M4 makers thread.

I noticed that on both that buckle and mine the pebbling around the central device appears to form several concentric rings. On other buckle pictures I've seen on the forum and elsewhere the pebbling seems to be random.

Here is your buckle -

It's easier to see on mine but I think both have it.

Is this an unusual or known feature of this maker's buckles?

Cheers

I think it is just how the eye interprets the information, this maker is not known for the patternation
    Ben