Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

bakelite belt buckles

Article about: by David North Here is the buckle in question. I have held these images for an absolute age and goodness knows who supplied them. If the owner of the said buckle recognises it, then please l

Default bakelite belt buckles

It seems belt buckles have been made in bakeliet as well, does anybody know more about it?
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement bakelite belt buckles
    P
    Many

Default Re: bakelite belt buckles

There are a couple in existance, when I get home I will post a picture of one. As to originality it is a bit unclear but I believe they are period, I have also heard of a Bakelite SS buckle but never seen one
    Ben

Hey Ben
    Amazing!
    It is hard to believe they would have been used in action, bakelite is to my knowledge not that strong. The only purpose they could have been used for must have been for parade or guard duty's.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I've seen a few examples in reference books and on some forums. They are most certainly rare! Probably the hardest type of buckle to find out there. I've never had the chance to hold one in hand. I too wonder to their purpose - could they have been some form of salesman/manufacturer sample? Can't see them being used in combat situations anyways!
    Cheers!
    Rob

Quote by lach470 View Post
    I've seen a few examples in reference books and on some forums. They are most certainly rare! Probably the hardest type of buckle to find out there. I've never had the chance to hold one in hand. I too wonder to their purpose - could they have been some form of salesman/manufacturer sample? Can't see them being used in combat situations anyways!
    Cheers!
    Rob
    i heard they where for afrika made as the steel ones get too hot and the bakelit ones not

Hi guys, just reading the comments on these buckles as an ex soldier of 23 years I doubt these would have withstood the rigors of combat, they would have smashed up in no time, maybe they were for parade, camp use?
    Ben

Default Resin Buckles

Here is the buckle in question.

I have held these images for an absolute age and goodness knows who supplied them. If the owner of the said buckle recognises it, then please let me know and I will if requested, delete the images.

This buckle in material, configuration and design form was first mooted in the mid 1930's and is not the product of war time economies or the need for a non metal buckle in North Africa.

Regards,

David

Default Resin Buckles

Default Re: Resin Buckles

Quote by David North View Post
    Here is the buckle in question.

I have held these images for an absolute age and goodness knows who supplied them. If the owner of the said buckle recognises it, then please let me know and I will if requested, delete the images.

This buckle in material, configuration and design form was first mooted in the mid 1930's and is not the product of war time economies or the need for a non metal buckle in North Africa.

Regards,

David
    Hey David, same image that I have on my laptop at home, from your text I wonder then if this was a first design type of buckle, maybe a demonstration prototype? Also looking at the eagle it looks like a Heer Overhoff eagle, I will post some images when I get home.
    Ben

Default Re: Resin Buckles

Look how similar they are
    Attached Images Attached Images bakelite belt buckles  bakelite belt buckles 
    Ben

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast