Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Barnyard finds

Article about: Hi everbody, I just regestred on this forum. I live in France, and collect WH. These are some pics of some beltbuckles I found some weeks ago in a abbandoned barnyard. The owner told me the

appie
    ?

Default Barnyard finds

Hi everbody, I just regestred on this forum. I live in France, and collect WH. These are some pics of some beltbuckles I found some weeks ago in a abbandoned barnyard. The owner told me the Germans used it as a kitchen, for about 300 soldiers. Some years ago I also found some belts and buckles, one alu WH, a steel WH, and a fieldgray steel WH with a tab from Dresden and some DAK Y-straps. Now I found one fieldgray LW steel buckle and a green WH buckle with the belts still one. And one belt without a buckle. I only cleaned the with some olive oil, because the leather is dry. I am told the 64th Inf Div was based there untill the got kicked out in oct 1944.
    Greetigs from France!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Afbeelding 002.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	239.3 KB 
ID:	24626   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Afbeelding 005.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	232.3 KB 
ID:	24627  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Afbeelding 004.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	242.4 KB 
ID:	24628  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Barnyard finds

Nice find, and the price sure was right.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

appie
    ?

Some more pics, there are some markings on the LW buckle, but there is some thick paint over it, so it is hard to read, but I belive it reads; O?S and a small SO on its side with a sort of arrow. Also notice the strange beltfastner on the top WH belt, it seems like the soldier shortend the belt, or is this more common?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Afbeelding 106.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	242.7 KB 
ID:	24630   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Afbeelding 109.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	254.2 KB 
ID:	24631  

Name:	Afbeelding 107.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	243.0 KB 
ID:	24632   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Afbeelding 108.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	247.4 KB 
ID:	24633  

Name:	Afbeelding 110.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	251.4 KB 
ID:	24634  

Nice buckles, and to say you found them, wow, I live in the wrong country the Heer buckle is by the maker Richard Seiper & Sohne Ludenscheid, the Luftewaffe is quite a rare one actually, you do not see many Luftewaffe buckles around made by Schmole & Comp, excellent finds
    Ben

BTW welcome to the forum, nice to have you on board
    Ben

appie
    ?

Thank you for the information! You're right about living in the wrong country for these kind of finds; doubt there is any gear to be found in barns in the UK. The region where I live has alot of abandonned farms and barns, and there was alot of fighting here in 1944, and that is where I search for battlerelics. Its unbelieveable what I found over the last 5 years, you could actualy make a living out of it, if the source wouldn't run dry at one point. My best finds where a very nice pair of FJ Y-straps, a 8cm motar box filled with WH Y-straps, a M36 WH jacket hanging on a rusty nail in an atic, loads of helmets and tools and bajonets.
    Last week I went back to a barn that I emptied some months ago. I thought I had took it all, but a friend of mine who came with me pointed out 3 very large blue oildrum things, with 5 bands around them. The turned out to be KM catridges for a very large bore canon! A sort of load the place behind the projectile. One is cut in half and has legs welded to it as a sort of food or water container for cows, but the other two ar in great condition and covered in WaA markings and dates. But they are huge, and we will need a van to collect them, and then I dont collect these things. We did however find a nice 2cm Flak barrel that is in my garden now.

?

appie great finds mate keep searching these old barns over there you.ll come across more wh gear i,m sure......regards scott.

?

Welcome to the forum ,great finds
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Very lucky guy you are!Grats

WOW----those belts are in great condition! Nice finds for sure! Ben is right: that LW buckle is pretty hard to find. Schmolle was also the only buckle maker to leave the field around the eagle "smooth". All other LW buckles have pebbling there!
    Great stuff! Welcome aboard!

Rob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast